Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philips TV keeps restarting, is this MB the same as mine please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philips TV keeps restarting, is this MB the same as mine please?

Hello,

My Philips TV 40PFL3148H/12 keeps restarting as soon as the Philips logo is displayed. After contacting their support, they sent me a file to try to correct the problem from a usb key but without success (8gb 2.0 key formatted in fat32).
    They told me that it was a hardware problem.

So I found this motherboard:
    715G6092-MOD-000-004N (WK:1322.3 )
    Mine is :
    715G6092-MOD-000-004K (WK:1322.3 )

The code is slightly different (one letter at the end) and I was wondering if it should work? Maybe it will just need the firmware of my tv to be reinstalled on this MB ?

Thanks for your help

Re: Philips TV keeps restarting, is this MB the same as mine please?

its SW problem .. TV reboot of DVB-C CAT.. firmware 2.18 fix it .. try usb key not bigger than 2Gb formatted fat32 in MBR mode.

Edit: an let the TV solo with out any other connected to it either your wall cable or air antenna
    Last edited by Diah; 08-02-2022, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Thanks Diah for your help.
      I tried with several usb keys (not 2gb though). I also tried to boot while pressing to start button, nothing happens.
      The tv start as soon as I plug it (nothing else is plugged to it), I don't even have to press any button on the remote, it starts right away, showing the logo, and rebooting endlessly.
      I don't understand whay you mean by "its SW problem .. TV reboot of DVB-C CAT.. firmware 2.18 fix it " but honnestly I don't think it will change anything because it seems like the tv doesn't take the usb into account, it start right away, ignoring the usb drive.
      It should be a hardware problem, the tv was working fine before this.
      I wish I could be sure the motherboard I found is compatible

Comment

usb should be no bigger than 2GB and MBR mode formated fat32... search after MBR to know how you can do it.

Comment

Thanks. I looked for MBR, and used my win10 disk manager to delete the volume on my usb drive, and then create another one in RAW format (MBR not available, neither with MSDOS diskpart). Then formatted the drive in fat32.
          My disk is a 8gb it should be ok per philips instructions below.
          Anyway no more luck unfortunately the tv ignores the usb drive.
          Should I create a bootable usb drive with rufus for example?

Samsung instructions:
          Instructions for Windows 10:

Connect the USB2.0 flash drive (4GB - 32GB) to the Windows PC / Notebook.
          Open the Windows File Explorer.
          Find the USB flash drive on the left column.
          Right-click the USB flash drive (press right mouse button once).
          Select “Format…”.
          Click the button “Restore device defaults” once.
          Open the drop down menu “File system” and select FAT or FAT32.
          NTSF and exFAT will not work.
          The “Quick format” option should be checked.
          Click “Start”.
          Click “OK” to confirm that you have read the warning.
          A few seconds later the process should be done,
          The USB flash drive is now ready for the software update procedure.

Comment

Originally posted by alfonzzo View Post
            Thanks. I looked for MBR, and used my win10 disk manager to delete the volume on my usb drive, and then create another one in RAW format (MBR not available, neither with MSDOS diskpart).
            use this Power small program °Rufus° to ready yours USB key als MBR.
            from boot selection choice : Non bootable
            Partition schema ; MBR
            Target system: BIOS or UEFI
            Volume lable : keep it blank or write Philips
            File system : FAT32

if your usb key chip controller able for MBR it will do it ... after it finished the program will copy 2 files on the USB just delete them and paste your firmware..
            good luck.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks a lot for your patience and help Diah.
              Rufus formatted the drive with all the settings you adviced, including MBR.
              I got no luck though, the TV keeps restarting itself. The usb drive blinks at each restart, that's all.
              What I find strange is the TV starts as soon as I plug the cable in the outlet. Normally it should wait I start it from pressing the button or using the remote control. Stange.

I think we tried everything now.... I guess the motherboard is out.

I can't find the same online (the one in my OP has been sold meanwhile). I found this one on ebay the ref is almost the same, only the last character is different maybe it's an update of my board...
              Do you think I could try it or it is useless ?
              Attached Files

Comment

you need to compare the white sticker on the ci module

also post very clear high resolution photo of your MB. we may could bring it back to life.

Comment

You are giving me hope
                  That's very kind really ! danke schon !

Here are some pics of the board, along with the power board (not sure if it's its name). And a video of the tv's behavior when I plug it:
                  https://streamable.com/8ixf1u
                  Attached Files

Comment

and the ebay card in case you need it too
                    Attached Files

Comment

okay... i cant see on the MB CSM point.. if other can see please located for us.
                      let do it proffisional trouble shotting.. yours TV 2013 and more old. it could be the restart from other reason.. because logo when it show on screen there are no protecting mode.. bur after logo finish start the protecting script.. this way we need to start from LED back light.
                      you have on the BL socket at PSU 2 channel you need to put yours probe of DM in DC V mode and put the red on LED1+ and the black on LED- then turn on... you need to do the same if you have one more at any channel Led- listed your reading over here please to compare if we do have one channel or line at channel read less or more.

Comment

I can send you other pics if you need.
                        So with the multimeter I measure the voltage on LED- and LED1+ ? but where are these points on the board I can't find them. Continuing searching right now

Comment

ok they are on the power board not the main board. I'm gonna measure them hold on

Comment

There are 4 points labelled "LED1-" and they are all at around 39V
                            (positive probe on the first LED1+, DC current)
                            Last edited by alfonzzo; 08-02-2022, 03:00 PM.

Comment

there are error at your measurements.. let do this... yours black DM to TV chassis and the red probe one time at each LED+ let see yours measurement.

Comment

negative probe on the chassis, I find 46V for the two LED1+

Comment

I'm not saying it's a mainboard problem, just answering your question. you need to match up the numbers on the white stickers, not the silkscreen on the board, from what I see on the white stickers, it looks way off.
                                  Last edited by nomoresonys; 08-02-2022, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                                    I'm not saying it's a mainboard problem, just answering your question. you need to match up the numbers on the white stickers, not the silkscreen on the board, from what I see on the white stickers, it looks way off.
                                    Thanks. You mean this sticker?
                                    And you think it's a power board problem?
                                    There is another board called TCON, don't know what it is and where it is exactly, but could it be the problem ? (I find one for my model on ebay)
                                    Attached Files

Comment

I hope we can find a solution with Diah's instructions

Comment

Originally posted by alfonzzo View Post
                                        negative probe on the chassis, I find 46V for the two LED1+
                                        if this true its look good for 40 size TV.
                                        if you buy the ebay one you will have distroubted picture .. put you can inter yours panel code manuly so it become fine.

other things still i cant see any point CSM on MB... can you show me the back side of the MB

Comment

Working...
                                        X