• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung LE32B450C4W issues

Hello
    I've just picked up this Samsung set which has the following issues:-

Turn it on and sound/vision working fine
    Use remote to change channel, volume up/down, menu etc. OK

Initially after being on for about 20 mins or so the set became completely non responsive to the remote or any of the side panel buttons including the standby button. Pull out the mains plug, wait, switch back on and everything returned to normal.

Change the channel and the audio (only) drops out completley. Remote brings up the volume bar which can be raised or lowered as normal on the screen. Changing channel a second, third, etc..time does not restore the audio.

Power off using remote and the audio returns as the set is powering down.

Power immediately back on using the remote and the audio returns to normal.

I'll have pictures of the boards in the morning but any thoughts before hand would be appreciated.
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Re: Samsung LE32B450C4W issues

Sounds like a EEPROM/Mainboard problem. Try to reset the EEPROM? Can't think of a other problem then that sorry. Definitely not remote or side buttons as problem is gone after unplugging mains.
    I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

I agree with Moreno or even possibly bga solder failure again. I have had issues with this particular set having cold solder joints apon the Psu as well.
      Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

I agree with both posts above.

Comment

There maybe a firmware update that set that might fix that issue . Here's link that may help. http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/LE32B450C4WXXC

Comment

Hello All,
            Many thanks to you all for your suggestions. I did do a firmware update last night which did appeared to resolve the issue but I wasn't able to run it for any lenght of time to be 100% certain because it was quite late.

I have now been running the set for a while today and you seem to have hit the nail on the head and the set is behaving itself perfectly at the moment.

Should it start to play up again then I'll post once again.

Many thanks once again to you all for your kind assistance.
            Last edited by dick_barton; 07-21-2016, 02:02 AM.

Comment

Re: Samsung LE32B450C4W issues *Fixed*

Been on for 5 hours without a glitch so once again many thanks to all who contributed to a successful fix.

Comment

Does anyone know if and how the service USB port can be changed on this set to play movies/photo's?

Comment

Not sure if thats possible. You need to check the tv's specifications and see if it can play media files from the USB port or at all.

It can be that it only plays AVI/MP4/DIVX files but if the encoded sound from the movie is different then the tv can play it can give the message "Not supported file ".
                  My Panasonic VT50 can play .mkv but if they use different encoding on the sound it won't play the file.

Try it with some demo files?
                  Last edited by Moreno83; 07-21-2016, 10:38 AM.
                  I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Thanks Moreno83,
                    I see that the service ports on later models can be switched on for use other than just software updating.
                    I cannot seem to find anything suggesting that the hidden menu can be adjusted to do this for this model.

The only option to use the USB port at the moment is to use the menu and select usb software update when it looks for the usb and then runs the update. Also the USB does not appear in the source listing.
                    Last edited by dick_barton; 07-21-2016, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Boas tenho uma TV Samsung LE32B450C4W , faço a busca para apanhar canais DIGITAIS e nada, alguém me sabe dizer / o que se passa, visto ter outros tvs que funcionam na perfeição, e utilizam o mesmo sinal do sistema, já tentei meter o FIRMWARE /SOFTWARE ACTUALIZADO que se encontra na pagina da marca, não reconhece o FIRMWARE .

Comment

Boas, tenho uma TV Samsung LE32B450C4W, faça uma busca para captar canais DIGITAIS e nada, alguém me saiba dizer / que passa, visto outros televisores que funcionam na perfeição, e usa o mesmo sinal do sistema, já tentou o medidor ou o FIRMWARE / SOFTWARE ATUALIZADO que encontra a página da marca, não reconhece o FIRMWARE.

Comment

Here is the firmware I had for the TV that solved my issue.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
                            Here is the firmware I had for the TV that solved my issue.
                            Good day. Currently I also have a Samsung LE 32B450C4W TV. Will USB video playback solve the problem? Or something else? well thank you
                            Just for fun - the TV didn't respond to the remote control or the buttons on the side, sometimes it reacted meaninglessly. I thought it was firmware, but then I realized that the buttons didn't work properly. They had a few kiloohms when switched on. One by one I disassembled the microswitches and cleaned. Now it works flawlessly.
                            Last edited by peterkos2; 05-01-2021, 11:53 AM. Reason: Supplement

Comment

Working...
                            X