Dell 2408WFPb - What to replace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell 2408WFPb - What to replace?

I have a Dell 2408WFPb that is giving me the issue depicted in the images below:

Sometimes the screen is completely blank when I power it on. I get only that thin, blue dotted line at the top of the screen (as depicted in the second image) when I use the input option button to cycle through the inputs.
    The monitor functioned properly, a couple of times, when I unplugged the power cord and held the power button in for 10 seconds, released the power button and then reattached the power cord.

I love this monitor and would like to repair it but my soldering equipment and soldering skills stink!

Is it possible to tell which component (i.e., power supply, main PCB) is causing this issue instead of just throwing parts at it?

This happened after a power outage. What really ticks me off is the fact that the monitor was plugged into a fairly expensive UPS with sine wave output. The monitor was fine when the power went out and it was running on battery. The issue occurred when the power was restored. I don't know what the freakin UPS did to cause this.
    Last edited by jeffshead; 07-04-2019, 12:16 PM.

Re: Dell 2408WFPb - What to replace?

I have the same problem, although first I need to heat the big chip from the mainboard in order to have some kind of image.
    Did you solve the problem?

Comment

Re: Dell 2408WFPb - What to replace?

can you take a picture with some actual feed showing on the monitor?
      i have very similar lines during the input notice thing, so maybe it can be fixed by just replacing all of the 470uf 35v caps with new ones and maybe even 50v then?

Comment

Working...
      X