Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lenovo Carbon X1 12298-2 LMQ-1 48.4LY06 Boardview/Schem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lenovo Carbon X1 12298-2 LMQ-1 48.4LY06 Boardview/Schem?

Okay, I attempted to reflow… Results are mixed.

Now the system gives me a blink code for the battery no longer enters an endless power on/off boot loop.

However, I get nothing on the screen (no post) and it will not shut off if I push the power button again, I have to hold it down to do a full system shut off.

I tried hooking it up to an external HDMI monitoring got nothing there as well.

Any ideas? I'm wondering if I should attempt to reflow again or if maybe there's something else going on. This does seem to indicate a more classic symptom of bad RAM..

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post
      Can someone check the boardview, I can't open it with openboardview. I even renamed it from .bv to .bdv

Comment

bv boardviews must be converted to bvr using the bv2bvr tool in Linux to be able to open them with OpenBoardView.
        Here it is anyway.
        Attached Files
        OpenBoardView ā€” https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

piernov
          Thanks for the material provided!

Comment

Re: Lenovo X1 Carbon LMQ-1 MB 12298-2 Boardview + MEC DIAGRAM + Schematic

Thank you very much for the post. I am facing my first serious attempt ever to properly diagnose a dead laptop, working in a friend's Carbon X1, and this is extremely helpful.
            Two roads diverged in a wood, and Iā€”
            I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.

Comment

Working...
            X