Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio E470VL - turned itself off, now orange light only

Hello all.

I have had a Vizio E470VL since new. It is hooked up to my cable box via HDMI and my audio system via the RCA audio output jacks.

Last week I was home from work eating lunch and watching TV when suddenly there was a loud audio screech through my speakers. I looked up just in time to see my normal picture turn white with a bunch of horizontal colored lines and the audio screech change in tone.

Only a second or two after that, the TV turned off to the orange logo and now will not turn back on with the power button or remote. I have pulled the plug and tried days later, but no luck.

After Googling around, I took the back panel off and measured voltages at the 14-pin connector on the PS board. It looks to me like a main board problem, but I wanted to confirm here first.

DIM.............0.7v
    LAMP............0v
    I-ON/OFF......0v
    PS_ON.........1.18v
    12v..............12.3v
    12v..............12.3v
    12v..............12.3v
    SGND...........0v
    SGND...........0v
    SGND...........0v
    SGND...........0v
    5v................5.18v
    5v................5.18v
    5v................5.18v

And also wanted to see if it was worth diagnosing what's bad on the board or just getting one off ebay. There did appear to be one of those all-metal SMD caps that seemed a little puffed on the top, but very subtle (circled in the picture). I don't want to go through the time and expense of getting that only to find out it burned out something else, if you know what I mean.

Thanks for the help!

Attached are 3 pictures: PS board, PS board connector, and the mainboard with cap circled.

Re: Vizio E470VL - turned itself off, now orange light only

Have you checked the fuse alongside the circle you drew on the photo?

Some threads say no backlight - check U33
    Last edited by dick_barton; 07-18-2018, 07:42 AM.
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Change that bulging cap and give it a try. Your Main Bd. is the culprit.

Comment

A

Comment

Just to update this, I bought a main board off eBay for $60. The cap looks the same as mine so I don't think mine is bulged. The new board worked perfect. So I'm just gonna toss this one. Not worth it

Comment

Great!! Good you got your picture box to show again. Thanks for the update.

Comment

Working...
            X