Broken am3+ socket -- info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Broken am3+ socket -- info?

I wish I could say that I did a perfect job, but "close enough" was all I really managed to achieve. I was pretty worried about some of the pins that were bent all the way over to 90 degrees from where they belonged. But none of them broke.

Just curious: are the pins solid gold, or are they an alloy plated with gold?

Comment

plated with gold.. pure would be too soft

Comment

Originally posted by Uniballer View Post
        I wish I could say that I did a perfect job, but "close enough" was all I really managed to achieve.
        If it works....
        "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
        -David VanHorn

Comment

Well its good to see that I'm not the only one killing boards. This is what happened last to me when my PC took a crap. I for some reason thought I would check out the cpu maybe it melted or something and I had no idea about the socket. I thought they all were all the same. Pulled the lever it cam right off. I didn't know the cpu was attached to the heat sink by the thermal paste. I finally figured it out it was bent all hell and I grabbed my little razor pen kit and spent all night till morning, sliding and straightening every pin. Then I go to install and it won't go in to any holes. I figure I'll take the cover off and try to eyeball them in. Most were in line but wouldn't go. So I broke the cover record time. It is all brittle plastic being heated and cooled. So I'm trying to find a replacement cover which I would have someone would have capitalized on 3d printing a better cover or something. Lol

Comment

Working...
          X