My cat peed on my monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My cat peed on my monitor

So when i bought this dell2515h, i think plastic frame is not tight enough to prevent it, i can pull 0.5cm plastic frame on this area.

picture1 :

I thought my screen auto off cuz power-saving but it not at the time i'm noticed cat peed on it. So i tried to turn it on but it won't, then i clean plastic frame and pull 0.5cm to clean with alcohol 70*. At this time screen is on, but brightness drop from 100% to zero slowly, some fracture images,etc... (still no vertical lines on this area yet)

So i used hair dryer on that area, at first time, one vertical lines show up, and then 2-3+ lines, randomly like this too
    https://imgur.com/a/V2AMi3N#RKe4jPr

after weeks, number of lines is like picture1

I open screen, and found out there's still so many cats peed left on this : picture2

and use alcohol 90* to clean it and front cable of panel, below it is horizontal lines blue ink (i think it designed like that), when i clean there too, it have blue ink on my paper, but it won't causes any futher problems.

When i check back-side of panel after remove the final metal plate that protect t-con board
    picture3

i found out there are cat peed between panel and t-con board, and also burnt area
    picture 4

i use alcohol 90 to fully clean all cats peed, after done vertical lines still there
    so i dont know if hair dryer causes that vertical lines on that area i used it on or just because cats peed make t-con board burnt, and i don't know if t-con replacement can fixed this vertical lines

Thank you for reading
    Last edited by wankio; 03-20-2023, 10:23 PM.
Working...
X