DELL SE2416H -Turning on-off-on-off repetitive - SOLVED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DELL SE2416H -Turning on-off-on-off repetitive - SOLVED

This problem has been a pain for me... for long time...

After replacing the display driver IC TSUMO58CDT9 the problem still existed. Thought that it had some internal temp sensor that always shut it down...started up...shut down etc. Could not find any problem at all on any component...i thought :-).

After replacing the driver IC the problem was still present.

This is on driver board 715G7661-M0B-000-0H4K

As soon I blow some hot air on the circuit board (led driver ic )the monitor shut down. When the problem still was present even if I changed the IC I started to use solder iron to identify the area EXACTLY....component by component.

Found two ceramic capacitor just near the IC. (I thougt it was internal sensor inside led driver IC first)

Exchanged them and voila, now the monitor is working fine.

Have seen that many people had some issues with the same monitor and no solution to this problem, everybody just bought a new driver board. The capacitors that I removed had 100nF capacitance. They were not shorted. But they seemed to maybe short when applied hot air on them. Did not bother to check further as the monitor now works fine.

Wanted just to share this to everyone. If you have the same problem , try first to heat up this area marked red in the picture. IF monitor turn off directly than you know the problem :-).

Hope it will help someone out there....

Cheers.
    Attached Files
Working...
X