• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power man ip-s300ff7-0 w'ont turn on

Help me :
    I have power supply model (power man ip-s300ff7-0) w'ont turn on
    +5v power on(green yarn) voltage low 2.6v
    Attached Files
    Last edited by aboumohamed; 03-29-2023, 04:18 PM.

Re: Power man ip-s300ff7-0 w'ont turn on

Hi:

Only it has the 5Vsb? and is it low?

In case both answers are affirmative I would start looking at capacitors. Specifically ¿C29? The one next to the IC.

Comment

Originally posted by Francesc V. View Post
      Hi:

Only it has the 5Vsb? and is it low?

In case both answers are affirmative I would start looking at capacitors. Specifically ¿C29? The one next to the IC.
      thank you for the answer.
      +5vsb present
      the green wire 2.6v
      I replaced the c29 but the problem still persists I received 03 power supplies with the same problem
      Last edited by aboumohamed; 03-30-2023, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Does that P/S have an ATX-type output connector with ATX-style color-coding? If so, the green wire is the PSON# input signal. Pulling PSON# low is necessary to enable the main outputs.

Last edited by PeteS in CA; 03-30-2023, 11:05 AM.
        PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
        To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

[QUOTE=PeteS in CA;1225105]Does that P/S have an ATX-type output connector with ATX-style color-coding? If so, the green wire is the PSON# input signal. Pulling PSON# low is necessary to enable the main outputs.

This P/S has a 24pin ATX type output connector.
          but "ps-on" must have a voltage of 5v and not 2.6v

Comment

Repeating an important sentence from my post: Pulling PSON# low is necessary to enable the main outputs. If you haven't already, why not try grounding the PSON# pin and see what, if anything, happens? If, in the system, PSON# is pulled up by the motherboard, the voltage on that pin when the P/S is not connected to the motherboard will drift to ???, not necessarily 5V.
            PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
            To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

I have a powerman SFF ATX psu similar to this that croaked, replacing the caps in it brought it back to life... I even broke one of the fins off the fan by mistake and it's still running after many years of 24/7 service in my PVR.

What I'm curious is it too is rated for some 300W IIRC, based on the size of the components and heatsinks, I'd be worried about pulling more than 150W or so from it...any comments about it?

Comment

Originally posted by PeteS in CA View Post
                Repeating an important sentence from my post: Pulling PSON# low is necessary to enable the main outputs. If you haven't already, why not try grounding the PSON# pin and see what, if anything, happens? If, in the system, PSON# is pulled up by the motherboard, the voltage on that pin when the P/S is not connected to the motherboard will drift to ???, not necessarily 5V.
                I grounded the ps-on but no output voltage, the fan does not turn, I believe that the "ST9S313" ic is the cause of the failure
                Attached Files
                Last edited by aboumohamed; 03-31-2023, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aboumohamed View Post
                  I grounded the ps-on but no output voltage, the fan does not turn, I believe that the "ST9S313" ic is the cause of the failure
                  Well. This chip needs voltage.......and maybe is not receiving it.

I would say that issue is in capacitors........have you tested them? Put numbers on them......do a photo. Desolder them all and let's see.

Regards,
                  Francesc.

Comment

The main part of the power supply needs to turn on in order for the supervisor IC to get VCC. I would suggest looking on all the caps. Basically you got two power supplies in there. One is always on VSB (the one with a TNY2xx IC) and the other one is switched on and off. First you have to see that VSB is working correctly. Then you got to figure out how the supervisor works and may be even tricking it to force the PSU on. So, is the psu turning on for a split second and then the supervisor ic shutting back down or nothing happening at all? If you want you can read up on a Powerman ip that I repaired a while ago.

I think your st9s313 is the same as a WT7510 supervisor. Check carefully what the VCC and the FPL pin do.
                    Last edited by CapLeaker; 04-02-2023, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
                      The main part of the power supply needs to turn on in order for the supervisor IC to get VCC. I would suggest looking on all the caps. Basically you got two power supplies in there. One is always on VSB (the one with a TNY2xx IC) and the other one is switched on and off. First you have to see that VSB is working correctly. Then you got to figure out how the supervisor works and may be even tricking it to force the PSU on. So, is the psu turning on for a split second and then the supervisor ic shutting back down or nothing happening at all? If you want you can read up on a Powerman ip that I repaired a while ago.

I think your st9s313 is the same as a WT7510 supervisor. Check carefully what the VCC and the FPL pin do.
                      st9s313 voltage

pgo------0v pgi----------0v
                      vcc-------4.47v gnd
                      v5--------0v fpln----------4.79v
                      v33-------0v pdown-n 0v

Comment

Now follow the fpln through the secondary and it probably ends on an opto isolator. Right?

Comment

Originally posted by capleaker View Post
                          now follow the fpln through the secondary and it probably ends on an opto isolator. Right?
                          exactly i replaced the opto isolator which is on the right, the power supply turns 20 seconds then the failure returns again

Comment

See what the opto does. My bet is that when the PSU shuts down, you got something like 5v on one pin of the opto (secondary side) and at least 4v on the other pin, measured to secondary GND. Means the supervisor ic turned it off.

Could be a few reasons for this, like the main filter capacitors are bad, the output caps are bad on one or more voltage rails or the supervisor ic is bad.

If you put GND from the secondary to the fpln pin on the supervisor ic, you are going to defeat that protection and the PSU should stay on.

Comment

Working...
                            X