Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP LP3065 monitor has developed vertical lines

Hi all.

My much beloved and long serving monitor has slowly been developing a fault ever since I switched to Windows 7 and started "docking" two windows side by side using the Windows + arrow keys.

As you can see I've got the casing off (which was quite a struggle) but the thing very solidly built so some way to go to get at the panel which I presume is where the problem lies.

Any idea if this fixable or shall I put it on menial duties at my office?

Thanks,

Nick
    Attached Files

Re: HP LP3065 monitor has developed vertical lines

Looks like a panel COB or tab bonds failure to me. Though it is interesting that the failure appears to be right in the middle of the monitor. I don't remember anymore if that meant anything or not.

That said, I'm more inclined to think this is probably not repairable. Before giving up, though, you can try to take the monitor apart to expose where the flex cables from the Tcon are joined with the TFT panel. Once there, apply a little pressure on the tab bonds to see if that will fix the image. If yes, consider placing something to keep pressure on the tab bonds there. This will likely be a temporary fix... but who knows how long it may last "temporarily" .
    If this doesn't do it, then it might be a COB bond issue (the little ICs attached to the flex cable between the T-con board and the TFT itself.) I'm sure someone has done a fix for even those, but I suspect the fix requires tools and knowledge that is beyond what most people are willing to get to just fix a single monitor.

Comment

Working...
    X