PS5 - no video but hdmi port looks ok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS5 - no video but hdmi port looks ok

I'm a little green when it comes to consoles. I've done a fair amount of hdmi port replacement but not really any diagnostics. I've got a PS5 here which powers up but has no video output. I've also tried to boot to safe mode, also with no video. The hdmi port does not look damaged.

Where do I go from here? Thanks!

**UPDATE** I take that back. The external part of the port looks fine, but look at the pins to the mobo. Those pads are ripped off. How does this happen when the feet of the port are still sturdily soldered to the board?

**UPDATE 2** The pads were all OK. How the heck did these pins come loose?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by survivalbloke; 04-12-2023, 04:17 PM.

Re: PS5 - no video but hdmi port looks ok

Hi Bloke

My advice change the whole HDMI and give it a try, no one knows and check that cap under the hdmi is ok

Hope to hear som good news

Comment

Originally posted by Exman View Post
      Hi Bloke

My advice change the whole HDMI and give it a try, no one knows and check that cap under the hdmi is ok

Hope to hear som good news
      You talking about the cap that's right in front of the HDMI pins? If you're referring to that one, it's missing and I'll replace at the same time.

Comment

Remember to also check after removing the HDMI port, the diodes in the vicinity and if they are correct as well as the HDMI chip. Check that the values are not close to earth

Comment

Originally posted by fab13 View Post
          Remember to also check after removing the HDMI port, the diodes in the vicinity and if they are correct as well as the HDMI chip. Check that the values are not close to earth
          Thank you for that. I will check those as soon as I'm done the port replacement.

Comment

Sounds like you're in quite a pickle! HDMI port issues can be tricky, especially if there's no visible damage. It's good that you've checked the external part of the port and the connection to the motherboard.

If the HDMI port looks fine externally but the internal pins are loose or disconnected, it could be a case of poor soldering or a manufacturing defect. Even if the feet of the port are still sturdily soldered to the board, internal connections might be compromised.

the issue might be with the HDMI port itself. It's quite possible that the internal pins got loose due to faulty manufacturing or a shock to the console.

Hope this helps you out! Let us know how you get on.

Comment

Working...
            X