Xbox one Controller No Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox one Controller No Power

Hello I have an xbox 1 controller 1708 that has no power and upon diagnosis there are major shorts around the ARM X905893 002 BGA chip. My first time working on this device. can this chip be replaced or is it paired to the board?

Thanks MJ

Re: Xbox one Controller No Power

I've mixed top boards with bottom ones so no, not paired.
    Definitely a short and not low resistance ?

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
      I've mixed top boards with bottom ones so no, not paired.
      Definitely a short and not low resistance ?
      you maybe correct, when I connect the top board with the joy sticks to the main board, the two circled IC chips get extremely hot, the one on the left is worse than the right one. I check for shorts and find shorts on the large caps. When I remove the top board the shorts are gone and I have voltage on those chips.

On the top board with the joy sticks I have short to gnd on the caps and resistors circled. I do not have a good board to check if those components are low resistance or shorts.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hey MJ,

Just wanted to drop a quick thank you for posting about your Xbox 1 controller issue way back when. Even though it's an old thread, it's been incredibly helpful in troubleshooting my own controller woes.

Your detailed descriptions of the problem and the steps you took in diagnosing the issues provided excellent guidance. It's great to know that the ARM X905893 002 BGA chip can be replaced and isn't paired to the board.

Your work on this issue has undoubtedly helped many others like myself who've stumbled upon this post in search of solutions. So, a big thank you for sharing your knowledge with the community!

Best regards.

Comment

Working...
        X