X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Philps QLED Q60B Model:QE65Q60BAU

Instruction

Attention !

Everything you do - you do at your own peril and risk!

1. Format USB flash drive (FAT32 only) and standard cluster size.
    2. Copy the downloaded file (upgrade_loader.pkg) to the root directory of the USB drive.
    3. Unplug the power cable from the outlet
    4. Insert a USB flash drive into a USB 2.0 port. If the firmware does not start, insert into the USB 3.0 port (USB 3 port is blue)
    5. Plug the power cord into a power outlet.
    6. You should get a message on the screen that says "Software update in progress" - this will remain on the screen until it completes.
    (I didn’t have this, it was just a black screen. Don’t be scared, the firmware is coming, you just need to wait 15-20 minutes)
    7. Once the software is installed and the TV has completely rebooted, do a complete "Reinstall TV via menu" > "Setup" > "All settings" > "General settings" > "Reinstall TV" > "OK"
    (I didn’t reboot on my own. There was a black screen and the Ambilight backlight turned green, I rebooted already from the remote control)

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
      Instruction

Attention !

Everything you do - you do at your own peril and risk!

1. Format USB flash drive (FAT32 only) and standard cluster size.
      2. Copy the downloaded file (upgrade_loader.pkg) to the root directory of the USB drive.
      3. Unplug the power cable from the outlet
      4. Insert a USB flash drive into a USB 2.0 port. If the firmware does not start, insert into the USB 3.0 port (USB 3 port is blue)
      5. Plug the power cord into a power outlet.
      6. You should get a message on the screen that says "Software update in progress" - this will remain on the screen until it completes.
      (I didn't have this, it was just a black screen. Don't be scared, the firmware is coming, you just need to wait 15-20 minutes)
      7. Once the software is installed and the TV has completely rebooted, do a complete "Reinstall TV via menu" > "Setup" > "All settings" > "General settings" > "Reinstall TV" > "OK"
      (I didn't reboot on my own. There was a black screen and the Ambilight backlight turned green, I rebooted already from the remote control)
      Thanks again lotas this first line makes me a little scared "Everything you do - you do at your own peril and risk!"

Comment

Originally posted by bohaboha View Post
        Thanks again lotas this first line makes me a little scared "Everything you do - you do at your own peril and risk!"
        This is a warning! This is not a simple firmware (update from the official site), it is a service firmware that restores the TV to its original state (as from a store) and if the light blinks during the update (power goes out), the usb flash contact with the TV or a bad eMMC flash (where is firmware of your TV), your TV may no longer turn on.

Comment

ok here an update of the situation with some pictures
          tv looks to work as it should with only half screen and sound what do you think?
          Attached Files

Comment

Please be clear, the tv boots after the system restore by usb? The actual state is the one already said.. the tv has probably side leds or top bottom edge leds, just to be sure you can build a basic led tester but almost surely leds are bad..
            Last edited by Davi.p; 04-01-2023, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
              Please be clear, the tv boots after the system restore by usb? The actual state is the one already said.. the tv has probably side leds or top bottom edge leds, just to be sure you can build a basic led tester but almost surely leds are bad..
              no haven't done anything yet

Comment

One of the two bars does not light up.
                https://aliexpress.com/item/4001094271260.html?
                Attached Files
                Last edited by lotas; 04-01-2023, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Self restoring software? Never heard.. i'm thinking about power supply problems or humidity problems..

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
                    Self restoring software? Never heard.. i'm thinking about power supply problems or humidity problems..
                    are you blind???? my post No #2 before your fantasy come on...

before he had BL issue on right side.... now the total right side off. so no more shutdown... be happy you get this... with out software playing... repair BL only

he have separated left & right

Comment

so it's just two bars in this tv? maybe better to buy two bars in case something happens ahead
                      Once again, I want to thank you ,Davi.p,Diah,nomoresonys and Maalobs for the amazing help I have received : solution plus the links. No this thread is not over yet except I have to wait until I get the parts from Uncle Xaopin to show the result meanwhile I invite you to another thread that has not received as much support but is somewhat more kneey to solve :https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...light=bohaboha You are all very warmly welcome to contribute your skills because they are needed

Comment

Yes 2 led
                        Attached Files

Comment

Yes 2 led
                          thank you very much but that seller is selling by lot of 10 or is it possible for 2p
                          Last edited by bohaboha; 04-01-2023, 02:58 PM.

Comment

The main problem is waiting for you ahead, it is to remove the "65" panel itself without damaging it and not tearing the cables that go from the slats to the glass....

Comment

thank you very much but that seller is selling by lot of 10 or is it possible for 2p
                              Look for their number "E-LED-CL-650-084-V2", you will find more, I posted a link to see what they are.

Comment

The main problem is waiting for you ahead, it is to remove the "65" panel itself without damaging it and not tearing the cables that go from the slats to the glass....
                                quite right I have to think of a way to take it apart in a sensible way that I don't know right now because as you say don't mess up the screen.how do you do it?

Comment

quite right I have to think of a way to take it apart in a sensible way that I don't know right now because as you say don't mess up the screen.how do you do it?
                                  It's all there (video), on disassembling large screens on YouTube.

Comment

repairing edge Led are piece of chess, i had never replaced strips. always do the whole led to be changed... remove them all with hot air gun... scratch the place of them with shave plate... place solder where it should be put one by one and apply head to the corner of solder
                                    as Philips i did replace before was 7320... i don't know what kind of LED in this set. 100 pieces best quality was just less than 7$
                                    Last edited by Diah; 04-01-2023, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Hi everyone now the backlight kit has arrived and the TV is repaired and ready first I want to thank everyone who helped with this repair. it wasn't easy to fix even though I did everything myself. there were some strange things : Polarising film the thickest is cracked from the bottom edge and it has small firing points because it sat directly on the joints I have not been able to do anything because I have no replacement
                                      but i think if i lower the strength of the backlights it will help. and as soon as I find an equally big TV then I fix it- again thanks for your help
                                      This is the result
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Everything is fine!

Comment

bring down the LED BL setting less than 50%.. so you will not facing this trouble again

Comment

Working...
                                          X