No announcement yet.

Toshiba (Vestel) 50UL2063DB - bad COF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toshiba (Vestel) 50UL2063DB - bad COF?

Originally posted by Diah View Post
    correct, but how to explain you this four tracks what to do if there are no schematic !!! i did make remark before on post #75
    OK, I thought these were different tracks, maybe specific to disable COF6.

Comment

I have the same issue with the same panel and so far I was able to partially solve it by isolating some pins in the right hand side Tcon ribbon. Pressed and wiggled all the tabs with absolutely no change, it is a shorted line in a COF or on glass, nothing to do with tab bonding.

TV went from NO picture with backlights and sound to half a picture, either left side good or right side very distorted but completely unable to show a full screen, to full picture, slightly distorted with bouncing shadows and horizontal lines of varying shade on the top 2/3 of the screen, from the shorted line above. The bottom 1/3 s has completely cleared up with full 4k definition.

Got more messing about to do but I am confident I will be able to get a 99.9% good picture out of it. I bought it from a neighboring city for $80. I think not a bad deal especially since it is still on offer in local stores for about $300 new.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Th3_uN1Qu3; 02-26-2023, 02:47 AM.
      Originally posted by PeteS in CA
      Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
      A working TV? How boring!

Comment

well guess old russ17 gave up on it.

Comment

Bad panel in these I have only been able to get a good half picture today for a short time.
          Any point trying a tcon board?

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
            well guess old russ17 gave up on it.
            It was a good read as well....
            Signature:Seemingly hopeless tv fixer

Comment

Working...
            X