M1 820-0220 A No keyboard and TP after spill liquid on display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M1 820-0220 A No keyboard and TP after spill liquid on display

This machine came with a no power after spill liquid (milk) on the display (customer said did't reach the keyboard...).

On firts attempt I removed oxidation on the jf600 connector and it worked for a week. Thanm the customer complained abot the video turning off after feew minute and than came back to stop again after feew seconds.

I than took off the board and check for other corrosion spots and found two resistors corroded near the lid detect sensor UR200 that could explain the abnormal behaviour. Replacing the resistors solved the problem. At reboot I noticed no touch bar but display keyboard and TP perfectly working. I let the machine in the shelf for feew days than the customer called back and just to be sure not to give false hope to him I decided to switch it on one more time and now I have no more keyboard and trackpad working. USB still ok as I can connect external mouse and keyboard with success.

The dispaly seem to have only the backlight diffuser compromised by the milk but the lcd still ok.
    Anyone have some idea to what to look for that could justify this behaviour ?

Re: M1 820-0220 A No keyboard and TP after spill liquid on display

Hi

My suggestion to you to begin with is measure voltages on each pin of keyboard connector and also diode mode values and post here

Comment

On the trackpad, review the voltage to ground of the smbus /I2C lines used by the trackpad.

Measure the voltage on the SDA and SCL lines.

Post the voltage measurements.

Comment

ok, tomorrow I'll try to do some measurement with DSO on the I2c lines and let you know. thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X