Samsung UN75RU7200FXZA - Right 1/3 Portion of Screen Dark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UN75RU7200FXZA - Right 1/3 Portion of Screen Dark

Set from 2019.....sad this is all they last anymore. Ok, obviously a backlight problem. From what I understand there are 3 strips in these, mounted vertically....one seems to be bad. The image is present behind the darkness, not a LVDS or TCON issue.

This TV is a beast. I can't even manhandle it by myself, let alone try and lift the screen out to restrip it.....but I haven't even gotten this far yet....I can't seem to find strips for it.

I found a set for the UN75RU7100FXZA but not the 7200.

https://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-bn...strips-bars-3/

Knowing samsung, they're not interchangeable.... I never thought I'd see the day I'd scrap a 75" TV over something so trivial....but without parts, it's scrap.... Any insight as to whether the above strips would be compatible? If not, anyone know of someplace that may have them?
    Attached Files
    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
    http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Team : 49813
    Join in!!
    Team Stats

Re: Samsung UN75RU7200FXZA - Right 1/3 Portion of Screen Dark

It is possible that there is a bad connection on the led section, bad connection on one led on the strip or maybe one led only is defective, just a guess.
    Last edited by R_J; 05-29-2023, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
      It is possible that there is a bad connection on the led section, bad connection on one led on the strip or maybe one led only is defective, just a guess.
      I take it the link you edited out was not compatible?
      <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
      Team Stats

Comment

…
        Attached Files

Comment

Yes those strips are compatible but there are cheaper alternatives if you search on Ali.
          Also check the light sheet guide if its damaged or not.

You should replace them both in case its damaged.

Comment

Just did one of these. There’s 3 strips total so need to replace all 3. As Ducky29 mentioned, I would open it up before ordering to confirm the diffuser isn’t cracked. A lot of times they melt/ crack on these models when the backlights go out. If you do replace the lights make sure to turn the backlight down as much as possible to prevent this from happening again

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
              I take it the link you edited out was not compatible?
              I think it likely was, but after a closer look it did not list that exact model, so I deleted it, other sites seem to confirm that is the same part used in those other models.
              This was the Amazon link for $28.00; https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-U.../dp/B09B6RVDMV
              $20.00 from aliExpress https://www.aliexpress.com/i/4001120...yAdapt=glo2isr
              Last edited by R_J; 05-30-2023, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I have not taken this apart, I'll have to get an extra set of hands for this one, its just too girthy for one guy unless you have a 7ft arm span...

FWIW, it did have a mild abrasion on the screen that would not rub out with simple cleaners.

I used some nifty stuff called Novus. This took it out to the point I can't even tell where it was. Perfect restoration; can't be seen with the screen on or off. I'll post an after pic when I have a little time. ON a matte screen, it will leave a shiny spot....but on a shiny screen, it disappears completely. No marks at all.
                Attached Files
                <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                Team Stats

Comment

you don't have faulty LED.. its issue with strips socket..
                  RU strips are 4 in total each build from 3 pieces clipped together via easy metals pin plug in if the panel / chassis get wrong mounted or forced to be curve shape as it its thin design the clips will get losses.

you have the left side all dark.. mean one line of this contact got lost

sdit: the one i have 2 set new for GU 75 not RU
                  Last edited by Diah; 05-30-2023, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                    you don't have faulty LED.. its issue with strips socket..
                    RU strips are 4 in total each build from 3 pieces clipped together via easy metals pin plug in if the panel / chassis get wrong mounted or forced to be curve shape as it its thin design the clips will get losses.

you have the left side all dark.. mean one line of this contact got lost

sdit: the one i have 2 set new for GU 75 not RU
                    Are they accessible from the rear; IE the panel doesn't have to be disassembled? I am not looking forward to dismantling this panel. The largest I've done is a 70 (by myself), and it was a real joy.
                    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                    Team Stats

Comment

I've done 2x 75" backlight recently (LG & HiSense) There are some unique challenges for such a large screen.

- 4x 2-1/4" suction cups removed it easily and securely with 2 people. Just have a flat surface close by to minimize transfer distance.

- Chassis can flex. Ideally have a bunch of spacers to make sure the chassis is nice a flat. If just lay on a hard surface, wall mount studs will push up the metal. I did it on a mattress which keeps it reasonably flat. Probably stripes of 2x4s and some spacers for the wall mount studs would be helpful to keep it flat. This becomes an issue depending on how the backlight and reflector paper is secured onto the chassis tub. I had particular problems with the HiSense and had to make the tub flat and even to avoid LED light bright spots from chassis bowing too much (very shallow tub, double sided sticky tape to secure reflector paper)

Comment

Are they accessible from the rear; IE the panel doesn't have to be disassembled? I am not looking forward to dismantling this panel. The largest I've done is a 70 (by myself), and it was a real joy.
                        panel should disassembled. the problem with Samsung U panel are so thin like onion shale , if one person do the job the risk are high.

Comment

This TV is a beast. I can't even manhandle it by myself, let alone try and lift the screen out to restrip it.....but I haven't even gotten this far yet....I can't seem to find strips for it.

Knowing samsung, they're not interchangeable.... I never thought I'd see the day I'd scrap a 75" TV over something so trivial....but without parts, it's scrap.... Any insight as to whether the above strips would be compatible? If not, anyone know of someplace that may have them?
                          I have the same model of TV with a similar issue. Instead of the right hand side, the center is dark on mine. I found the TV on my local Craigslist for free because the former owner didnt want to spend the $$$ to fix it.

I am techy enough to try to replace the backlight in this. This will be my first attempt to do so ever. I know that I will have to take apart the screen to get to the backlights; but, is there a video or walkthrough somewhere that could walk me through this?

Also, I would like to confirm that these parts are correct for this panel...

Comment

Working...
                          X