Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with Bush Tv (Vestel 17mb95m Mainboard)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Bush Tv (Vestel 17mb95m Mainboard)

Hi, I was recently given a Bush Smart TV by a friend and the main board seems to be hanging on by a thread.

Before we get to that, my first obstacle was figuring out the model number since the back sticker has gone for a walk. Upon taking off the back case, I noticed the following Vestel parts, 17MB95m mainboard, 17IPS71 (what I'd assume is power supply) and a VES420UNVL-3D-S02 display panel. After doing some research I think the TV I have is a Bush ELED42240FHDCNTD3D, based on the matching image here (https://www.manualslib.com/manual/11...3d.html#manual).

Now on to the actual problems I am facing. I have managed to connect the TV to my wifi network but casting youtube doesn't work; the app crashes every time it loads up, the same applies to Netflix. I have attempted to update software and firmware through the built-in menus however they are both the most recent versions (after doing a factory reset neither version number changed so I'm assuming they never pushed an update to begin with). The HDMI ports also do not work so purchasing a streaming device to handle the "smart" side of things isn't possible.

Does anyone have any idea what the issue might be? I contacted Vestel and they basically said the TV was too old for them to be bothered about and to contact Bush support, which I'm guessing is just as helpful .
    I've been doing some digging and came across the Vestel Toolbox which I used to get telnet access to the TV but FTP doesn't set up. I don't have a spare usb stick on hand at the moment to get any data on/off the TV but as soon as I do I will. I'm not even sure if this is a soft issue to begin with and I may just have to replace the board altogether.

Speaking of which, are there any newer compatible vestel boards i can swap with mine to maybe get some better firmware/built-in useability? I'm not that bothered anyway, my current plan is to stick KDE Plasma Big Screen on an old laptop and just use the display, so as long as I can get the HDMI ports working I'll be content.

Oh and before I forget, I had a look at the diagnostic menu and HDCP 2.0 status was NOK. Not sure if that makes any difference but just thought I'd give as much information as possible.

Any help/information would be greatly appreciated, all I've got right now is a really crappy mirror since I don't watch digital/analog TV.
    Many thanks, FE

Re: Help with Bush Tv (Vestel 17mb95m Mainboard)

The device is probably built in 2012 and unfortunately no longer designed for the Internet. Unfortunately, another mainboard doesn't work. The panel data must be right and this is only possible with the original mainboard.

Thomas

Comment

Originally posted by thommyX View Post
      The device is probably built in 2012 and unfortunately no longer designed for the Internet. Unfortunately, another mainboard doesn't work. The panel data must be right and this is only possible with the original mainboard.

Thomas
      So my best bet to revive the TV would be to replace the mainboard and make use of HDMI ports?

thanks for your help

Comment

all "smart" tv's are spying advertisement-delivery devices.

just get a good tv and link it to a raspberry pie type device stuck behind it.

Comment

Working...
        X