MacBook Pro A2251 no Display 820-01919-A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MacBook Pro A2251 no Display 820-01919-A

Hi Dears, working on this MacBook Pro A2251 no Display (Logic Board 820-01949-A). The problem was liquid spill inside the screen, other than this the laptop was working fine. I replaced with a Brand new known good LCD Screen. After I turned on, no display. I have been replacing screens for a long time & without errors. I rechecked the LCD screen with another laptop & it was working. Now in this laptop no display at all. I checked the backlight voltage coil, on 1~2 volts out here. Caps volts even the same, out out I believe it should be around 47~55 volts. Can some help me & guide me, what going wrong with the logic board? Appreciate your help. Thanks

Re: MacBook Pro A2251 no Display 820-01919-A

Did the screen previously that was water damage at least turn on with a backlight?
    sigpic
    MEOWING IN THE IMPOSSIBLE UNIVERSE!

Comment

Also if the lcd is what got damaged I would suggest replacing the LVDS cable connector on the board with a new connector and start there, before checking for bad caps etc, start off small and easy with the LVDS connector for the lcd. Those are known to fail.
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks Stephen for the reply. First thing what I did was replaced the LVDS cable when I removed the logic board, & before I replacing the LCD, there was 100% Backlight & I could see & read all on the screen, only there was liquid smugs all over the LCD. This is why I was replacing the LCD Screen. & there after when no display I started to check the volatges on the coil & the caps. Any other tips pls. will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comment

Have you put the bad display back on to verify it is turning on still? If so this means the new display is faulty and you need a replacement.
          sigpic

Comment

I will do this., but I am sure the new LCD screen is fine too. I will do it tomorrow & let you know. Thanks

Comment

Today I checked throughly as I was tied up with work. 100% its the main logic board problem. The Old screen is working on another similar logic board of A1706. & today, I plugged in the power adaptor & guess what, I got the display on the one I am having display problems, I turned it off & on 2 times, I did get the display again & booted well in OS. But on the 3 time on/off, the display got blank again, & thereafter nothing on the screen. Any tips regarding the main logic board 820-01949-A. Any known problem component which is causing the display to disappear, the AMPS are perfect .49 ~ .60 without the battery??? Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X