acer aspire es1-732 strange issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

acer aspire es1-732 strange issue

Hey guys, this laptop came to me for servicing and it has a strange problem.

The board is B5W1A B7W1A LA-D641P

The problem is that it doesn't turn on when power button is pressed, the pwr button is on the keyboard,and i went accross the keyboard with my palm and laptop turned on, after further investigating i found out if i press power button and then prtscr,del or fn button it comes on and everything works fine.

So first i have to press power button and the in a second or two one of the mentioned buttons and laptop turns on and runs great,all the buttons on keyboard work,non of them are stuck, tried it with software from keyboardcheker.com...

Then when in windows if i press power button laptop goes off fully in a few seconds, altough i've set it to go to standby...like it was pressed all the time and turns it off...

So i opened the laptop, found schematics and tried turning it on by shorting pins on the connector and it won't turn on, i have 3.3V on keyboard pin and i short it to ground,3.3V goes down , but laptop doesn't turn on...

I tried flashing latest bios 1.21, tried backflashing older versions, everytime the same...

I'm confused of what is going on...

Re: acer aspire es1-732 strange issue

Have you tried the SWK1 pads / switch?
    Attached Files

Comment

i went to EC directly to pin 114 and i tried there...3.3v present,when button pressed i get 0V...so it should work...

Comment

Confirm the EC is being powered. The EC may need to to be reflashed.

Comment

well the laptop turns on if i press fn or a few other keys after i press the power button on the keyboard ... so i think EC gets the power...when i flashed the bios it said flashing EC, so i think the flash is good...

Comment

These ACER boards are known for their hidden switches preventing the board from turning on. With some luck you have simply to press this button in addition to turn the board on.
            Attached Files
            FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

Working...
            X