Ps4 slim SAF 004 burned after a lightning strikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ps4 slim SAF 004 burned after a lightning strikes

hello guys i have this ps4 slim with wlod (no image on the screen) but it turns on regularly, the ps4 was struck by lightning through the lan port and i have already changed some components, now the lan side and the encoder side seems to be everything working and there are no shorts however it remains with the black screen, I noticed a strange thing under the southbridge, this capacitor is grounded on both sides but if you unsolder it it is not and the capacitor has no continuity
    Attached Files

Re: Ps4 slim SAF 004 burned after a lightning strikes

You might end up needing a thermal camera and do some voltage injection to find where the short is on that power rail.

However if I had to place bets I would look at the HDMI encoder, check the caps around that IC and see if they are shorted as well, if so, remove the encoder and check if the short is still there.

Comment

did you place the lan i.c. and the magnetics?

Comment

Originally posted by Mario875 View Post
        You might end up needing a thermal camera and do some voltage injection to find where the short is on that power rail.

However if I had to place bets I would look at the HDMI encoder, check the caps around that IC and see if they are shorted as well, if so, remove the encoder and check if the short is still there.
        Encoder hdmi, resistor on lan port and hdmi coil already replaced (they were all burnt), the problem is the southbridge cx90042G but having to buy it is too expensive, not worth it and I don't have a motherboard to cannibalize

Comment

Working...
        X