Samsung 65NU6070 strange panel issue???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung 65NU6070 strange panel issue???

I have this TV and at first no picture/ display.

I traced it down to the panel I believe. If I cover a few pins on the lvds cable the display works and has a perfect picture.

However after watching it for a week it reverts back to same problem. When I turn it on it's a blank screen again.

I can verify the power board has all the correct voltages and I can still hear the tv and it powers on and off like it's supposed to. So assuming mainboard is good.

Now after sitting for 2 weeks I turn it on and perfect picture again.

Not sure what else it could be. Any insight would be helpful.

Note I'm only covering 3 pins on the lvds cable there inside the black lines I made
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung 65NU6070 strange panel issue???

i don't know which pins you masked..
    but in general. Panel cells need an discharge action.. if you by chance blocked this action trace.. the panel after while of use will be blind /Jam

Comment

Ok thanks for the explanation. I’ll count the pins masked and see if I can find out what they’re for.

Someone, I think Lotas had a pin out of the lvds cable for another tv I was working on. Maybe he could chime in with the info for this model as well to identify the pins.

Comment

Originally posted by Storyteller12 View Post
        Ok thanks for the explanation. I'll count the pins masked and see if I can find out what they're for.

Someone, I think Lotas had a pin out of the lvds cable for another tv I was working on. Maybe he could chime in with the info for this model as well to identify the pins.
        Here is your service manual. pg 5-5 5-6 are the t-con to panel signals.

https://www.electronica-pt.com/esque...s-uez83-68457/

Comment

Thanks Howard, I appreciate it.

Comment

I did a write up on this era Samsung panel signal pins that might help after you figure out what pins are masked.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...44&postcount=5

Comment

Thanks for the link and info. I will definitely look it over to learn more about panels and panel defects.

So I have pins 21-24 covered.

Pin 21 is fsc1, pin 22 is ground, pin 23 tx_ch8_a+_usit, and pin 24 tx_ch8_a-_usit

Comment

Thanks for the link and info. I will definitely look it over to learn more about panels and panel defects.

So I have pins 21-24 covered.

Pin 21 is fsc1, pin 22 is ground, pin 23 tx_ch8_a+_usit, and pin 24 tx_ch8_a-_usit
                Can you take a pic like this?

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...1&d=1681884737

Its really easy to get the pins reversed between service manual and actual cable.

The pair of USIT lines transmit pixels for a section of vertical column. If these are used by t-con (not all USIT are used, read on) and blocked, you will see a picture like this

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...0&d=1681883964

Samsung often don't use all the USIT pairs lines on the cable. Since you don't have any picture problems, this USIT pair maybe unused OR got the pins backwards. Thats why I asked for the first picture. If you look at my first board picture carefully, you can see many trace pairs running to the flex connector. Each pair is a USIT pair responsible for a column section of the screen. flex and connector specification usually have more USIT connections than the board actually connects so some pairs are not used.

There are many GND lines on the flex so blocking one should be okay (I guess?) Don't know what FSC1 is. In any case, lets start by making absolutely sure we have determined the correct pins that are blocked.

Comment

Hope this helps. I don't use paper to mask off and it was a little difficult with it leaning against the wall. Laying it flat down would have been much easier but no space at the moment.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hope this helps. I don’t use paper to mask off and it was a little difficult with it leaning against the wall. Laying it flat down would have been much easier but no space at the moment.
                    Your main board's (BN94-14047J) t-con trace doesn't match the UN65NU6900F service manual I provided despite being very similar.

TVPartsToday's main board compatibility shows your board PN (BN94-14047J) matches UN65NU6900FXZC. But this board pic also doesn't match t-con trace of the UN65NU6900F service manual. Perhaps there are panel factory and t-con differences for FXZA FXZC etc... Don't know.

https://www.tvpartstoday.com/BN94-12...n94-12873j.htm

So while you blocked out pin 21-24 on CN1301, we don't know what signals you they are. But there are some clues

CN1301 shows pin 22-26 are all ganged together. This is likely a power rail (see the big SMD caps nearby. Likely board GND on the other side of these caps) But you didn't block 25-26 so the power rail is unblocked. Maybe it is unnecessary to block 22-24 as well?

Maybe pin 21 is the only pin that requires masking? To find out what this pin is, use multimeter diode/continuity mode to find see the equivalent pin/trace on the 1) other T-con connector (CN1300) or 2) the buffer boards and hope there is a label

Here are many Samsung service manuals. I searched but unfortunately couldn't find a main board t-con trace pattern that matched yours.

https://www.electronica-pt.com/esque...erby,4/page,1/
                    Last edited by howardc64; 06-05-2023, 10:18 PM.

Comment

with out the mask. which issue you will face..
                      from location of the pins regards yours photos it went to the left side ( when you look from the back side ) and you have the U ribbon on the buffer boards. i would try to remove the mask and disconnect the U ribbon then let see which kind of issue you are facing.

Comment

Ok, today I come in turn the tv on and here is what I get.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Diah: I did try to remove tape and unplug the u ribbon on the buffer boards but got no image still.

Comment

Just now I turn tv off and back on and perfect picture again. I'm at a loss

Comment

Just now I turn tv off and back on and perfect picture again. I'm at a loss
                              so the main issue was black screen

and with this post of you there are no any masking or U ribbon disconnected

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                                so the main issue was black screen

and with this post of you there are no any masking or U ribbon disconnected
                                Yes blank screen.

And I had to cover pins 22-24 to get a picture

Comment

Yes blank screen.

And I had to cover pins 22-24 to get a picture
                                  Since pin 22-26 are all ganged together on main board side, maybe pin 25-26 isn't connected on buffer board side and only pin 22-24. Anyway, require continuity checks to confirm.

Maybe worth checking voltage on pin 22-24 for hint what is masked off.

Comment

Originally posted by howardc64 View Post
                                    Since pin 22-26 are all ganged together on main board side, maybe pin 25-26 isn't connected on buffer board side and only pin 22-24. Anyway, require continuity checks to confirm.

Maybe worth checking voltage on pin 22-24 for hint what is masked off.
                                    i don't think so.... yes it some things to not connected... but its much sandwich boards... i would put the MB on the BGA plate and heat it from downside for long period of time. of course with the max Temp..

BTW thought he got full screen with out any mask or diy... so its much BGA rather than shit SAMI Panel we do know

or you may right too in condition the sockets on MB or Panel buffer boards.. the level on´f the pins contact aren't at same high... so the clip will miss 1-2 left right of the high position of the pins.
                                    Last edited by Diah; 06-06-2023, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                    X