Need bios LA-E811P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need bios LA-E811P

Hey guys, my friend did a win 10 upgrade today,and laptop restarted and doesn't work anymore...

So he brought it to me, i tried flashing all the dumps that are here on the forum, like 10 of them..none work, all i get is fan spinning and white led turns on for a few seconds,then goes down and turns back up again...

Is the KBC dead?I tried different ram,usb gets power for a few seconds too,but doesn't boot with win+b or win+v...i don't have original dump, i forgot to save it

I measured the voltages, all are present except for GPU,maybe that comes later in the sequence,CPU gets 1.05V,ram 1.35V, 3.3V and 5V are present...

the model is hp 15-bs038nm,board is LA-E811P.

WTH is happening with HP and assistant?Why did it brick the laptop??

Comment

Originally posted by huzo View Post
      Hey guys...
      Since you don't have a backup and your BID is unknown, try the files uploaded in post #17 one after the other, one of them should "fit".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
      Become a Badcaps supporter
      >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
      Thanks to all supporters.โ€‹
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

You missed part of the text where i said i tried all of the dumps i found here on the forum

I tried another bios chip too...i even tried stock bios from HP support,and got the same dumps as from post #17...

Comment

You missed part of the text where i said i tried all of the dumps i found here on the forum

I tried another bios chip too...i even tried stock bios from HP support,and got the same dumps as from post #17...
          Is there any informations about your lap at back front !

Did you try to flash bios and EC !

Comment

ok, so friend actually was smart enough and saved the original bios, he forgot to mention it to me,i thought that after win update that happened, and he didn't mention that he actually tried to flash the bios via the ch341...but what he had told me is that he used ch341 without 1.8V adapter,and i don't know how did he manage to connect and read the dump... And to make the matter worse,he used a clip and sent 3.3V to 1.8V power line...

i did measure the chip supply and it still has 1.8V on the motherboard, he fried the chip probably, but i used another chip and still didn't work..

so here is the original dump after failed win 10 upgrade.

@lapfix- i unfortunately don't have the EC programmer...they are to expensive for me...
            Attached Files
            Last edited by huzo; 05-12-2023, 01:11 AM.

Comment

ok, so friend actually was smart enough and saved the original bios, he forgot to mention it to me,i thought that after win update that happened, and he didn't mention that he actually tried to flash the bios via the ch341...but what he had told me is that he used ch341 without 1.8V adapter,and i don't know how did he manage to connect and read the dump... And to make the matter worse,he used a clip and sent 3.3V to 1.8V power line...

i did measure the chip supply and it still has 1.8V on the motherboard, he fried the chip probably, but i used another chip and still didn't work..

so here is the original dump after failed win 10 upgrade.

@lapfix- i unfortunately don't have the EC programmer...they are to expensive for me...

Try this one , virgin no DMI

Bios chip accepted :
              C22537 (Macronix MX25U64)
              EF6015 (Winbond W25Q16)
              EF6017 (Winbond W25Q64)
              C86017 (GigaDevice GD25Lx64)
              C86015 (GigaDevice GD25LQ16V)
              C22016 (Macronix MX25U16)
              EF4016 (Winbond W25Q32)
              EF3016 (Winbond W25X32)
              EF6017 (Winbond W25Q64)
              202016 (Micron M25P32)
              EF4017 (Winbond W25Q64)
              1F4800 (Atmel AT25DF641)
              1C3817 (EON EN25S64)
              20BB17 (Micron N25Q064)

BID = 0832D
              Attached Files

Comment

i did try all of them already, but i will try 0832d later when i get home with new chip...the one i used for replacement is winbond 25Q64FWSIG and i do have 1.8V adapter...maybe this one is also faulty since it's from a donor board...

but it's odd when i flash i always verify the chip and it says chip and memory are the same...i use neo programmer...so if the programmer says it's verified i trust it is...i could read from chip again and save what's in the chip and compare with dump programmed and see if there are any differences..

Comment

So i got to the cocnlusion that 3.3V went to the processor trough 10K ohm resistor array and something got fried...

I tried 3 different chips, it doesn't work, i started the laptop without the chip it acts the same, so it doesn't recognize the chip...

Data lines go directly from chip to the processors and the board became a donor...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Re: Need ec bios LA-E811P Rev 2.0

Originally posted by peste View Post
                    try..

It worked very well
                    :asentir:thank you

Comment

I would like to try the 0832D on the HP notebook 15 model 15-ra013nia but before I do, has anyone come across the original bios for this particular model?

Ran into issues when updating bios of the system released Apr. 2023. The system froze at 82% during the writing process, left it on all night, no change so I had to shutdown. A friend tried to use the Apr. 2023 release to extract the bin but no much luck there!

Any help received would be highly appreciated.
                      Last edited by mubopo; 06-02-2023, 12:20 PM. Reason: too vague

Comment

Originally posted by mubopo View Post
                        I would like to try the 0832D on the HP notebook 15 model 15-ra013nia but before I do, has anyone come across the original bios for this particular model?

Ran into issues when updating bios of the system released Apr. 2023. The system froze at 82% during the writing process, left it on all night, no change so I had to shutdown. A friend tried to use the Apr. 2023 release to extract the bin but no much luck there!

Any help received would be highly appreciated.
                        post the original bios of the laptop even if it is corrupted..
                        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Thank you friends

Comment

LA-E811P REV:2.0
                            100% OK TEST BIOS
                            FAST DISPLAY COME
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by classicandy View Post
                              Re: HP 15 LA-E811P please bios

Non worked for me. I have Admin password lock. I have attached my bin file.

Thanks
                              This works for me
                              thanks๐Ÿ‘ŒโœŒ

Comment

Hello
                                I need this bios please:
                                HP bs-099nia
                                s/n= CND7244852
                                P/N= 2CJ91EA#BH5
                                BOARD: l50/csl52 la-e811p rev 1.0
                                the old bios is here
                                thanks in advanced ( note: the problem is 5 long caps with 3 short)
                                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mazloum View Post
                                  Hello
                                  I need this bios please:
                                  HP bs-099nia
                                  s/n= CND7244852
                                  P/N= 2CJ91EA#BH5
                                  BOARD: l50/csl52 la-e811p rev 1.0
                                  the old bios is here
                                  thanks in advanced ( note: the problem is 5 long caps with 3 short)
                                  you have everything you need at post #28...
                                  Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Working...
                                  X