No announcement yet.

Toshiba (Vestel) 50UL2063DB - bad COF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toshiba (Vestel) 50UL2063DB - bad COF?

Hi Diah,

I checked again, and the t-con I had fitted was the original t-con which came with the tv when it was faulty, so it is possible that the washed out look was a symptom of the original t-con.
    I now have the replacement t-con fitted and have been able to connect both ribbons and get a full screen picture, but the picture has the same issues as before with some vertical and horizontal lines in the image (difficult to see on photos).
    I have entered the service menu, performed a factory reset, and USB Diagnosis and this shows no issues, and did a USB download, which saved some "syslog.gz" files, but they dont have much size, only 16kb. A DVR folder was created, but these are for recordings etc.

Any advice?
    Attached Files

Comment

If there is little "data" being displayed, the area where the screen is black, there is no distortion (circled) but where there is a lot of picture data, there are vertical lines (red lines added to the picture) - see attached picture.
      Attached Files

Comment

where are the test picture with different resolution we talked on before to play them with usb ?

on PC format USB drive fat32 and great file in name DownloadProfile.mb230 ( the extention should be as it written .mb230 )
        inset usb at the Tv and turn on go to service menu and press USB Operation
        Last edited by Diah; 02-27-2022, 08:07 AM.

Comment

I will do the test pictures for you, just trying to juggle so home improvement issues too. The "boss" is watching me!

Would you prefer the same picture, with three different resolutions to help in comparing the issue?

I have deleted everything on the USB drive and now just have the file "DownloadProfile.mb230" in the root of the USB. Windows reports this as a "MB230 File" under "type "
          Attached Files

Comment

usb are fine to download all profile..
            doesn't matter which photo even if its blank one color or adult one lol.... main things they are different resolution.

Comment

If you think the image is bad because of the software you will need a panel profile for 17MB230 and VES500QNDP-2D-N43 panel (if so on the label on the back of the panel)
              . I do not have. Or if someone can fix your TV profile save the panel profile from your TV and post it here. Proceed as above only that the folder needs to be renamed to downloadpq.mb230.
              Last edited by yokoono; 02-27-2022, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by yokoono View Post
                If
                the problem this boards MB230 build with just one SOC NOVATEK NT72671TBG with no other Video processing chips. so if all function of video and other services enabled such as ( Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG), HDR10 / Dolby Vision or other movie sense / pixellence-softpix beside other too dolby atmos,dts virtual )
                can some one tell me what will this lonely SOC Novatek can handle with out issue or it toasts or get BGA issue !!!!

for me now this soc toasted and it work as single channel regard this issue.

reducing load of function incase the soc didn't already toasted will help. other wise i will thru this boards and DIY the TV with other mainboards such MB130T /S which they have video processing chip and the result will be diffidently better picture

Comment

Originally posted by yokoono View Post
                  If you think the image is bad because of the software you will need a panel profile for 17MB230 and VES500QNDP-2D-N43 panel (if so on the label on the back of the panel)
                  . I do not have. Or if someone can fix your TV profile save the panel profile from your TV and post it here. Proceed as above only that the folder needs to be renamed to downloadpq.mb230.
                  I have download the TV files to USB.

3 profile files, biggest one is language 4Mb

see attached image
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Russ17; 02-27-2022, 10:05 AM.

Comment

zip hwprofile and swprofile together and upload them over here

Comment

@diah
                      I actually have a 17MB130S which came from a JVC LT-40C880 which had a broken screen.

Seems like the same power and LVDS cable connection.

Coukd I try this board?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                        zip hwprofile and swprofile together and upload them over here
                        Done
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Russ17 View Post
                          @diah
                          I actually have a 17MB130S which came from a JVC LT-40C880
                          which screen lable this jvc had?

Comment

Unfortunately I dont know the number of the screen as it was salvaged 2 years ago and screen was destroyed a long time ago. I know it was 4K resolution, but dont know the exact number.

Comment

If I power this mainboard, using the PSU and t-con, from the JVC LT-40C880, but no screen connection to the t-con, and do the same button presses in service mode, to perform a USB download, would a USB download reveal the screen type?
                              Could I use the same profiler you gave me, or do I need a specific profiler for this 17mb130/s

Comment

Originally posted by Russ17 View Post
                                Unfortunately I dont know the number of the screen as it was salvaged 2 years ago and screen was destroyed a long time ago. I know it was 4K resolution, but dont know the exact number.
                                you can try the boards if you still have its IR sensor boards because the one you have will not match the wriring same to wifi module in case you still have its RC

about yours profiles as i expected the perviouse owner turn on all futire on which this SOC cant handle all at once, so the possibility of MB issue very high to me.

you can use this tool to learn with profiles or turn off some of config/picture & sound they are at SWprofile.
                                Attached Files

Comment

go into the menu and turn the backlights NOT brightness down, crank it down and see if those lines clear up any, might give a clue as to if the processor is not all that it should be. indeed turn off all the special features that can overtax the system. added bonus of turning that junk off, is the tv will last longer not having to work so hard.
                                  Last edited by nomoresonys; 02-27-2022, 11:21 AM.

Comment

you can try the boards if you still have its IR sensor boards because the one you have will not match the wriring same to wifi module in case you still have its RC

about yours profiles as i expected the perviouse owner turn on all futire on which this SOC cant handle all at once, so the possibility of MB issue very high to me.

you can use this tool to learn with profiles or turn off some of config/picture & sound they are at SWprofile.
                                    I do have the IR and wifi boards for the 17mb130s.

Is there any risks of component damage or data corruption?
                                    If no risks are involved I will give it a go and report back.

The TV has gone back to only showing a blank screen with both ribbons connected.

It concerns me that by disconnecting the right side ribbon, the "fault " is removed. Would a bad mainboard be so specific that it could only give issues on one half of the screen, and only intermittently?
                                    Attached Files

Comment

i wrote to you before on my post#15 if yours Tv discharged 100% it will show you full screen while 2 ribbon in place.... and this happen today as you wrote the tv was stored
                                      correct me if i read wrong.

this belong to the SOC overload to work as single channel. if any one had other idea welcome to correct me

trying the boards with 130s will not harm the boards or yours tv. just pray you can see some things on the screen then if yes you can correct 130s firmware with other brand version

also before you go to do this.. you need to look on yours tv chassis some time there are LG panel but vestel label it with VES. and also the pon out of the PCB of JVC with yours in case there are different pins assign

Comment

i wrote to you before on my post#15 if yours Tv discharged 100% it will show you full screen while 2 ribbon in place.... and this happen today as you wrote the tv was stored
                                        correct me if i read wrong.
                                        When you say TV is "discharged 100%", do you mean the PSU has been off for >10 minutes to fully discharge the PSU capacitors, or is there something else to do to "discharge 100%"?

The TV had been on earlier today and gave a full picture. I then turned off for 2 hours and at switch on, I had a blank screen, so had to disconnect the right ribbon, to prove it was still able to produce a picture.

The screen type is VES500QNDP-2D-N43

I can use the PSU, power interconnect cable, Mainboard 17MB130 from JVC and then connect to Toshiba LVDS, T-con and screen.
                                        Attached Files
                                        Last edited by Russ17; 02-27-2022, 12:42 PM.

Comment

there are discharger machine which do the job, but for some one didn't have its enough if you plug it out from wall socket for 10 minuets and connect the tv chassis to real earth (GND ) point.

how about the T-CON of the JVC do you still have it.. we may able to know which panel was on it via the 40th t-con

Comment

Working...
                                          X