Surface Laptop 3 Model 1868 Bios password

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Surface Laptop 3 Model 1868 Bios password

@PESTE your previous offsets for unlocking works. Thank you very much. I was missing some details as to the re-programming should be 1.8V

Comment

Hello @peste, the touch does not work. Also is there a way I could have the serial number written back to the surface ?

Comment

Hello, in this file customer computer has no bios lock however it is locked to management. I tied many unlocked dumps from this post and I got touch firmaware 0.00.00, loading windows from usb disables keyboard and trackpad as well
        Attached Files

Comment

Hy I have sufrace laptop 3 model 1868. the Bios is blocked by a password that I do not have.
          I have windows 11 functional and started
          Help me please. Im a noobs sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Gsa_rider67 View Post
            Hy I have sufrace laptop 3 model 1868. the Bios is blocked by a password that I do not have.
            I have windows 11 functional and started
            Help me please. Im a noobs sorry.
            BIOS guides, methods, resources and tools
            Password removal by laptop brand

Originally posted by AAAC View Post
            @thatguycalledrob
            With the MS Surface Pro 3 and others the password can be recovered, so is sufficient to just obtain a partial BIOS dump using a software utility, then the password is recovered.
            For a MS Surface Laptop 3 you need to obtain a Full BIOS reading using a BIOS chip programmer, then the BIOS file is patched and this new file is programmed back to chip.

As for the fptw64.exe utility don’t don’t if it has WRITE rights to the chip, otherwise it may work.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
            Become a Badcaps supporter
            >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
            Thanks to all supporters.​
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

thank you for your reply.
              Is there a way not to unsolder the chip? where is it placed on the motherboard?

Comment

thank you for your reply.
                Is there a way not to unsolder the chip? where is it placed on the motherboard?
                Why don't you read the thread from the beginning? Many of the questions are already answered.
                There is information about your question at post 74 & 75 , regarding the ways to unsolder the chip, you can use hot air station, or WSON8 pogo pin adapter, or solder wires from the programmers adapter board to the chip legs, or wires soldered to surrounding parts connected to the traces.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                  Why don't you read the thread from the beginning? Many of the questions are already answered.
                  There is information about your question at post #74 & #75 , regarding the ways to unsolder the chip, you can use hot air station, or WSON8 pogo pin adapter, or solder wires from the programmers adapter board to the chip legs, or wires soldered to surrounding parts connected to the traces.

i buy this?
                  Attached Files

Comment

i buy this?
                    The most unreliable and problematic programmer possible, but it is also dirt cheap. A matter of luck, some units work, others (most of them ) are problematic.

Comment

The most unreliable and problematic programmer possible, but it is also dirt cheap. A matter of luck, some units work, others (most of them ) are problematic.

I wouldn't have any use for it after having solved my problem, hence my economic choice.
                      What is the risk ?

Comment

I wouldn't have any use for it after having solved my problem, hence my economic choice.
                        What is the risk ?
                        We are starting to get slightly off topic, you already have all the information you need, I don't think anything needs to be added.

Comment

We are starting to get slightly off topic, you already have all the information you need, I don't think anything needs to be added.

i understand, I will come back with something concrete. thanks for the information.

Comment

can someone help, 1868 has password

thanks
                            Attached Files

Comment

added another dump incase first is bad
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by leham View Post
                                added another dump incase first is bad
                                try..
                                Attached Files
                                Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

i buy this?

Don't bother, I am also a n00b and got as far as finding the chip [2 hour teardown]. This unit won't clip on & you will need to de-solder and probably do something horrible to connect it up for the flashing procedure.

I ended up removing the harddrive, cloning another laptop's OS onto it then plugging it back in. Not ideal, but will get the laptop up & running again (given that's all you want to do).

Comment

any help me plz Surface Laptop 3 Model 1868 locked
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by souaqi01 View Post
                                      any help me plz Surface Laptop 3 Model 1868 locked
                                      try..
                                      Attached Files
                                      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
                                        try..
                                        thans you very much but not work not remove password

Comment

Originally posted by souaqi01 View Post
                                          thans you very much but not work not remove password
                                          >
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X