Comment

Re: Help with Dell PFS extractor

Originally posted by EduarDOOX8 View Post
      For example one of these 2 files
      The 2 files are ok and extracted , you have a pb at your laptop
      Attached Files

Comment

Will check on another computer then. Do i need any more programs to use pfs extractor? Was trying to check internet and nothing i could found more

Comment

Compatibility
          Should work at all Windows, Linux or macOS operating systems which have Python 3.10 support.

Comment

I think there was some kind of problem with my python version, actually i installed 2.7 an everything works like it should. Thanks for support !

Comment

Originally posted by EduarDOOX8 View Post
              I think there was some kind of problem with my python version, actually i installed 2.7 an everything works like it should. Thanks for support !
              Confirmed on original laptop after reinstall + python 2.7.15

Comment

My dears., what wrong am I doing??? I download the .exe file from the Dell Site & when I use this Dell PFS BIOS Extractor v4.9 tool, It gives me this error "Error: This is not a Dell PFS BIOS image!" I have downloaded "python-2.7.15.amd64": but still getting the same error. Can someone help me please. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mferna14 View Post
                  My dears., what wrong am I doing??? I download the .exe file from the Dell Site & when I use this Dell PFS BIOS Extractor v4.9 tool, It gives me this error "Error: This is not a Dell PFS BIOS image!" I have downloaded "python-2.7.15.amd64": but still getting the same error. Can someone help me please. Thanks
                  Maybe the file is not a Dell PFS BIOS Image
                  What's your Device Model? Also take an image for the Downloaded file.
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                  all donations are welcome,
                  see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                  >>>>>
                  click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                  Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Dell XPS 8920 Desktop MB # IPKBL-VM i7-7700.. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mferna14 View Post
                      It isn`t a PFS image. When you have a bios update with the blue dell icon try the older command line options to extract.
                      XPS8920_1.0.23.exe /writeromfile will extract a 12MB file,only the first 8MB is the update so further editing is needed, with a hex editor
                      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                        PFS Extractor 4.9 will do it.

Thanks to Plato Mavropoulos for all the great software https://github.com/platomav
                        Thanks sir
                        Everytime u r great
                        Badcap forum

Comment

Originally posted by smdflea View Post
                          pfs extractor 4.9 will do it.

thanks to plato mavropoulos for all the great software https://github.com/platomav
                          thankyou

Comment

Is it possible to extract BIOS (or BIOS modules) with Dell PFS extractor for Dell Alienware X17 R2?
                            It splashes me

Error: This is not a Dell PFS BIOS image!

Comment

Originally posted by Svyatpro View Post
                              Is it possible to extract BIOS (or BIOS modules) with Dell PFS extractor for Dell Alienware X17 R2?
                              It splashes me
                              It won`t extract using Dell PFS extractor until the first exe is extracted, its an AFUDELL app.

See: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...table?t=115830

Click image for larger version  Name:	AFUDell.jpg Views:	0 Size:	28.0 KB ID:	3237738
                              All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

• SMDFlea
                                SMDFlea commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Added AMI UCP extract windows app to AFUDELL guide
                            Working...
                            X