Folder Is empty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Folder Is empty

My Toshiba laptop stopped at the Toshiba logo when starting up, I flashed the bios and fixed it. Fortunately I had also backed up the data folder on an HP laptop with which in the meantime I reinstalled Windows 10 on the Toshiba hard drive using it as an external drive with which I am able to start the Toshiba after the problems solved.

The real problem now is when I copy and paste the data folder from the HP back to the Toshiba hard drive, again using it as an external drive on the HP. In fact, when I put the disk back in the Toshiba, it tells me that The folder is empty but in the properties of the faith disk it is clear that the space is actually occupied by the right size of data. How to make this data visible

Thanks!

Re: Folder Is empty

Maybe not your case , but try this anyway : from control panel open "File explorer options" and check the box "Show hidden files and folders and drives " and next apply ..

Comment

I know this maneuver, already applied but without success. thx

Comment

Okay .. I next suggest you run a powerful Antivirus , some types of viruses can lock files , and next you have to take the possibility of a going wrong transfer operation , due to a randomly malfunctioning device or a bad sectors growing in the related Hard disk ..

Comment

Chkdsk ?

Comment

Why not ? .. Let me say also that the last attempt which I do not recommend but as the last resort , is to format the hard disk , and since you're customed to Easus is to use it as file recover .. Of course , that's not fully guaranteed ..

Comment

When you copied the Data folder from the HP to the Toshiba disk, did the files show up then, before you put the disk back into the laptop?

I have had problems in the past when copying a folder with thousands of small files. I ended up having to copy them in batches, a few hundred at a time.
              Last edited by Radio Fox; 04-05-2023, 03:28 AM. Reason: Additional info

Invisible airwaves crackle with life
              Bright antennae bristle with the energy

Comment

Originally posted by jiroy View Post
                Why not ? .. Let me say also that the last attempt which I do not recommend but as the last resort , is to format the hard disk , and since you're customed to Easus is to use it as file recover .. Of course , that's not fully guaranteed ..
                I formatted many times

Comment

chkdsk didn't fix it

Comment

Originally posted by Radio Fox View Post
                    When you copied the Data folder from the HP to the Toshiba disk, did the files show up then, before you put the disk back into the laptop?

I have had problems in the past when copying a folder with thousands of small files.
                    yes, they were all present

Comment

Originally posted by zioricci View Post
                      I formatted many times
                      I use Active recovery for easy operations and spinrite for difficult ones .. Best luck anyway

Comment

I use Active recovery for easy operations and spinrite for difficult ones .. Best luck anyway
                        For now I formatted once again and I'm trying to share between the two computers

Comment

For now I formatted once again and I'm trying to share between the two computers
                          I'll keep following ...

Comment

I'll keep following ...
                            the transfer is too slow, it even reaches 4Kb/s

Comment

the transfer is too slow, it even reaches 4Kb/s
                              Pretty low ... Well , some Data rescue missions could take days ..Unfortunately

Comment

Now the speed has improved and this time I have left the hard disk in the Toshiba and so far the files are present

however I'm curious to move the disk to HP and see if they are visible there too

and another curiosity is to check if by returning the disk to the Toshiba, the files remained permanent

Comment

Copy the files to another disk once you recover them, then move shit around and see what happens.

Comment

I'm still following this , frankly , because I dislike to bring bad news , but I strongly believe this device is failing ... To reach such very low speed , it's not good and , What's sure , it's not reliable anymore .

Comment

Working...
                                    X