Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CFI-1115A and CFI-1002A Needed? Or any altyernative that can work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CFI-1115A and CFI-1002A Needed? Or any altyernative that can work?

Hey fellow Redditors,

Hoping you're all well. I've got a bit of a situation with my PS5 Digital - it's acting like it's forgotten its sole purpose, won't power up at all. Silence is all I get when I poke the power button - no beeps, zilch, nada, even with some enthusiastic button mashing.

I've done a bit of Sherlocking with my multimeter. All voltages are checking out as they should - PSU's good, I'm getting 5v and 3.3v. Checked in diode mode for any shorts, came up empty there. Even broke out my thermal camera, but no luck spotting any faults. Here's the catch though - when I hit the power button, I'm not seeing the 1v "switch on" line on the left side of the mobo near the Dialog IC.

I've tried all the fixes I could find, even dug into the depths of GBAtemp and other forums, but nothing's worked so far. On a side note, came across thread #1166746 to fix ps5 not powering up issues on Badcaps with dump CFI-1015, not sure if that's related to my issue.

Now, I'm shooting in the dark here, but if anyone's got dumps for CFI-1115A and CFI-1002A, I could seriously use them. Maybe they'll help get my PS5 out of its coma.

Appreciate any pointers, advice, or the aforementioned dumps. Thanks in advance, folks!

Re: CFI-1115A and CFI-1002A Needed? Or any altyernative that can work?

this guys video's may give you some ideas - he fixes a lot and is very good at explaining what he's doing.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/TheCod3r/videos

Comment

Yes, i know and follow the channel but still unable to figure it out. I need help regarding the dump too

Comment

So, guys i fixed it and it's pretty weird. i really think this solution has worked for me only but still sharing as it might be helpfull to anyone else

After doing some more research, I found a solution that worked for me. I was able to fix the problem by reflowing the BQ24193 power management IC. This chip controls the power input and charging process of the PS5.

I followed a video tutorial on YouTube, which helped me understand the process and successfully reflow the chip. After reassembling my PS5, it still didn't power up.

I tried all the fixes I could find, but unfortunately my PS5 still wouldn't turn on. I searched multiple blogs and applied multiple solutions, from checking cables to wall sockets to updates, but nothing worked. However, I came across a pretty weird solution on one blog that might have worked for someone, and surprisingly it worked for me as well. The solution was to insert a disk into the PS5, which could automatically turn on the PS5.

To do this, I plugged in the power cable into my PS5 and slowly inserted a disk into the Standard Edition PS5 while pushing it slowly. This caused my console to turn on automatically. Then, I pulled out the disk from the console, and the issue was solved.

I know this might sound like a weird solution, but it worked for me, and I hope it could help someone else facing a similar issue.

Comment

That’s weird… how did the console get into this bad state anyway?

Comment

Exactly. it is weird and definitely very frustrating.

Comment

Working...
            X