0.01 AmP Short on PS5 motherboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

0.01 AmP Short on PS5 motherboard

I am working on a Playstation 5. I have all the power rails present but Blue Light of Death. I have provided 12 volts and 1 amp from bench power supply. I receive a 0.01 amp draw of current. Any ideas? Just in general. Anyone ever seen this small of a short on a printed circuit board? Acts like a crack in board but none present. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks!

Re: 0.01 AmP Short on PS5 motherboard

all i can say is watch a lot of cod3r video's - the guy is a master with ps5 and a good teacher.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/TheCod3r/videos
    https://www.twitch.tv/thecod3r2015/videos

while your at it, dump the syscon flash and post it here with the model number.
    i want to create a collection to share

Comment

Yeah he sure is. Been watching his repair posts fot quite some time. Not sure if the current flash on this chip is even solid yet.

Comment

That’s not a short, 10mA draw is just what the board it taking but it’s not right, looks like it is stuck at the POST boot. It should increase to around 300mA when you apply power then settle down to around 70mA of I’m not mistaken.

The only info you have here is that the power on sequence is not happening if it just takes 10mA as soon as you apply 12V And hold there.

You need to do more fault finding, check all standby voltages, check for shorts on power rails (what is the actual resistance from the rail to GND), check the caps behind the south bridge, check around the SSD controller, etc.

Could literally be any number of things.

Comment

Originally posted by Mario875 View Post
          That’s not a short, 10mA draw is just what the board it taking but it’s not right, looks like it is stuck at the POST boot. It should increase to around 300mA when you apply power then settle down to around 70mA of I’m not mistaken.

The only info you have here is that the power on sequence is not happening if it just takes 10mA as soon as you apply 12V And hold there.

You need to do more fault finding, check all standby voltages, check for shorts on power rails (what is the actual resistance from the rail to GND), check the caps behind the south bridge, check around the SSD controller, etc.

Could literally be any number of things.
          Thank you. I added more pieces to this puzzle here. Please reference and let me know your thoughts. I bought a known good EDM-020 with a PSN ban. Just to get known good standby voltages and compare. I also ordered a Southbridge. PS5 BLOD- CFI-1115A Disc Version- Board= EDM-020

Comment

Working...
          X