Samsung ue55d8000yuxxu turning on/off and clicking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung ue55d8000yuxxu turning on/off and clicking

Hello everyone! This is my first thread asking for help and I'm new here so please be nice

I'm trying to repair a Samsung TV but not having much success so I've came across this forum and it seemed kinda nice and friendly. The TV is clicking on/off (relay) and I can't seem to put my finger on the issue. The image looks fine (since I can get a glance at the "Smart TV" logo when it boots). But it's just an endless loop of on/off. If I disconnect the mainboard from the PSU it stops doing the "clicking" sound but that's about it. I've already got a used mainboard and PSU thinking it was either one of those the issue but the issue still presists which is weird. Do you guys think that I might have gotten a damaged used PSU or mainboard? Or what could the issue be?

Re: Samsung ue55d8000yuxxu turning on/off and clicking

The problem is in the backlight, please note that in this model the backlight will not turn on with the mainboard turned off.
    But there is a problem in the eMMC firmware.
    Last edited by lotas; 05-22-2023, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Is there any way I could test for that?
      I've disconnected everything from the mainboard and PSU and keept them both connected together and it still does the "clicky" thing (that's the reason why I thought the issue was with one of them).

Comment

What PSU and mainboard is used?

Comment

Originally posted by An-klamm View Post
          What PSU and mainboard is used?
          The PSU is The bn44-00428a
          And the mainboard is the bn41-01622 (have to check if it ends with a, b or c).

Comment

Please provide pictures of the power supply. Especially of the voltages that are next to the connector.
            Last edited by An-klamm; 05-24-2023, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
              The problem is in the backlight, please note that in this model the backlight will not turn on with the mainboard turned off.
              But there is a problem in the eMMC firmware.

Update: Ended up being indeed the backlight. At least I think it was. I didn't finish the job but it is working now without one strip of the backlights. For anyone in the future with the same issue, this is what I did: I simply cut one of the wires on the cable that connects the PSU board to the Mainboard. That wire was the backlight PWM. There was 4 wires, each controlling one horizontal strip. I tested them one by one and once I got the fourth wire then the TV turned on and was on and alive again!

Thanks for all the help

Comment

Working...
              X