If posdible suggest a substitute

Thanks a lot
    Attached Files

Re: Help identify chip a0V1J

Originally posted by koby058 View Post
    Hi, please help indentify in photo.

If posdible suggest a substitute

Thanks a lot
    Provide more info please... ,what is the motherboard part number.Have you checked to see if there`s a schematic or boardview available,it would be easy to ID it then

All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Hi

it is a huawei laptop, will post the model tomorrow

this chip supply the power to the lcd backlight.

with this chip removed i have measured 11.5v on left pin and 1.9v on right pin.

Comment

Hi

the board model is: DAH98AMBAD0 REV D

attached burned component near lcd connector

can you gentlemen's help me understand what is this part ?

found this schematic here
        Attached Files

Comment

This is a SOT23-5 packaged current limited load switch with an active high enable signal.

What are the topside markings of the component on your board?
          Attached Files

Comment

Sorry i dont understand the question

here is a photo to show what part i need to identify
            Attached Files

Comment

Oh From post #5, the IC at the end of the arrow appear to be a 5 legged component = sot23-5.

Comment

You are probably right, but i am asking about this 3 leg component which i cannot recognize. this one was corroded and the laptop have no lcd back light.

Comment

See attached. Note the numbers assigned to each pin on this SOT-23 package.

Remove all power. Meter in diode mode.

Place one meter probe to ground (shield is ok) - other meter probe to pin #2.

Do you hear a tone beep? If not, check with pin #3. One of these should tone beep. That pin is ground on the logic board.

Remove this defective component with flux & hot air.

Then apply a piece of wire from pin #1 (aka after the SMD fuse marked '150' shown in the posted picture) AND the other side of the wire to the pin that is NOT ground.

This component, to me, is a slew rate (ie. soft start) load switch to limit in-rush current on the line.

Before starting, confirm that the voltage to ground at the '150' smd fuse is supplying a valid voltage for the display. Respectively, the fault is that there is no voltage after this SOT-23 component?

Confirm the resistance to ground on each pin of this SOT-23 component to be sure there is no shorted rail that caused this component to fail. Excessive current draw can kill a load switch.

Test with and without the display connected to confirm there is no shorted rail linked to this component.

You can bridge this component, for testing.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi, about ayear a go i bought a 3 leg diode for a dell charger id signal circuit.

I have installed one of that which have same effect as a jumper wire, and looks like works fine.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X