Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with monitor DS-D5022QE-B

Hello to all,

I have a problem with monitor that is delivered together with CCTV system.
    The monitor appears to be completely dead, there is no LED power diode and it doesn't react to pressed power button.

I have disconnect display and check many components on the power supply part of the board. There is no anything obvious and monitor is about 3 years old. There are no bulged caps. When measuring voltages on the output connector to VGA board I can measure stable 14.5 V on 12V pins and stable 5.07V on 5V pins. So I assumed that this part of the board is OK.
    I have found that on the power LED I have only about 1.4V and this voltage is not stable, it seems to fluctuate between 1 and 1.4V.
    I guess problem is somewhere on the VGA/HDMI board.

Is there anything else I can check?
    I have attached the picture of the boards.

Thank you.
    Attached Files

Re: Problem with monitor DS-D5022QE-B

There is a 3.3v converter on the board, 5v will come to it, and 3.3v should come out of it, is it there?
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi lotas,

yes, input is 4.67V (not really 5V) and output is 3.27V just as shown in the attachment.

Do I need to have a small LED light next to power button even if display is disconnected?
      Attached Files

Comment

The firmware can be built here, as well as the processor, if a discharge has arrived via hdmi, check for short leads on the protective diodes (TVS)
        Attached Files

Comment

This one can also suffer from static and the buttons will be in short ....
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi lotas,
            based on your suggestions, I have obtained more information from the owner of the monitor.
            This monitor was connected to CCTV system and problem happened during the storm.
            This is what happened:
            1. one PoE IP camera died.
            2. the port on the DVR to which camera was connected is also dead, there was a TVS diode shorted to ground. This diode was removed, and this port is blocked. DVR works without problems and all other cameras are working OK.
            3. DVR was connected to this monitor via HDMI cable, so this is the path through monitor was damaged.

However, the same HDMI port on DVR is OK, since DVR works fine (except this one LAN port that suffered damage) and it is connected via the same hdmi cable to another monitor.

It seems that the discharged came from the IP camera (this camera is damaged), arrived to the DVR device, burned LAN port circuit and through HDMI port arrived to the monitor and damaged its hdmi/vga board.

Is there any way I can check these components you marked on the board (check resistance or check for short in the diode mode)?

I guess, it is very likely that the monitor board is beyond repair now, or probability of the repair is very low.

Comment

There you can see the tracks that go to the processor (8 lines) for these diode assemblies, conclusions 1,2,4,5 relative to gnd in diode mode, you can also check for resistance.

Comment

Also check these conclusions with respect to gnd.
                Attached Files

Comment

Thank you lotas for your advice, I have noticed that main processor becomes really hot if hdmi/vga board is connected to the power supply board. So for sure this board is dead. I have ordered a replacement board from ebay.
                  Thank you very much for the help.

Comment

Working...
                  X