Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple A1466 820-00165-A NVMe discs not detected

Hello
    Have this A1466 820-00165-A that owner wants to reinstall, but now it wont see nvme ssd. I find that Crucial NVMe that was in it with adapter show HW error when i try to initialize it in my USB adapter. I try to install system on another ssd, but diskutitlity, installer, or terminal dont see NVMe disc, only recovery and usb. i check basic 3.3V and it is present. actually it is second model that have this issue. what to check?

Re: Apple A1466 820-00165-A NVMe discs not detected

Does it work with an original Apple SSD? I'm finding most of the newer revision NVMe drives are no longer working on these boards. Crucial P2 work, but P3 and P3 Plus don't. Kingston drives were working for me up until the latest batch and now not detected anymore.

The NVMe driver built into the firmware has not been updated by Apple in a long time, I think the newer drives perhaps dropped support for the older standard perhaps. Don't know enough other than older stuff worked, newer stuff doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by reformatt View Post
      Does it work with an original Apple SSD? I'm finding most of the newer revision NVMe drives are no longer working on these boards. Crucial P2 work, but P3 and P3 Plus don't. Kingston drives were working for me up until the latest batch and now not detected anymore.

The NVMe driver built into the firmware has not been updated by Apple in a long time, I think the newer drives perhaps dropped support for the older standard perhaps. Don't know enough other than older stuff worked, newer stuff doesn't.
      i cannot buy p2 anymore. do u know some model that did work so i can try it?
      Last edited by ktmmotocross; 06-01-2023, 01:28 AM.

Comment

Check the models available at Mobile Sentrix.

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
          Check the models available at Mobile Sentrix.
          there is literally nothing

Comment

https://www.mobilesentrix.com/apollo-s3-pcle-1tgb

Check their other density models. Their search engine sucks. Try 'a1466 ssd' for keywords. Also check for the inventory at the Canadian office.

Comment

i need compatible ssd models. if i want disc that works for sure i will buy original apple

Comment

Transcend JetDrive 850
                OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Working...
                X