Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

macbook pro a1989 macbook started But no screen on extern or intern display.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

macbook pro a1989 macbook started But no screen on extern or intern display.

Hello i guess i have another logic board as the usual a1989?
    Iam new into smd fixing but i want to learn That because that makes so much fun

I guess i Found my Problem?

Problem was: macbook started But no screen on extern or intern display.
    Cpu/gpu was very Hot after trying a few commands with reboot
    Attached Files

Re: macbook pro a1989 macbook started But no screen on extern or intern display.

i could not find any brd file for my logic board...

after replacing the thermal paste of the cpu and gpu the macbook starts with full rpm of both fans...

Anyone any clues?

Comment

Re: macbook pro a1989 macbook started But no screen on extern or intern display.

Schematc & Boardview -> https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=76497

All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Edit: On Windows i can see everything
        Thank you!

The "burned" part on my logic board is missing on the schematic... Could that be from the U5710?
        Last edited by SaYHell0; 06-02-2023, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Where do you guys gets the parts?

Comment

Originally posted by SaYHell0 View Post
            Where do you guys gets the parts?
            depends on what part u need. for resistor i got that sample book with the most common resistor and capacitor values.

for different unique type i get from donor board, or make order from digikey or mouser.

for ic and so on i go to aliexpress or china in general or digikey or mouser.

Comment

Originally posted by dellxps15 View Post
              depends on what part u need. for resistor i got that sample book with the most common resistor and capacitor values.

for different unique type i get from donor board, or make order from digikey or mouser.

for ic and so on i go to aliexpress or china in general or digikey or mouser.
              Thank you so much!

and special like that, how or where can i find that?:
              or what is the name of that? how can i find the name?
              Attached Files

Comment

Each logic board from Apple / Foxconn has a 820-**** part number etched onto the PCB itself. Using this as a guide, you may be able to locate the schematic on this forum.

For example, A1989 = 820-00850 and the schematic is posted here in post # 33:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...0-00850&page=2

Comment

Thank you so much guys. I love to do that. But i rly cant find the "destroyed" parts to buy.
                  Do you have anywhere a guide to find the name of the parts? like transistor etc.

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
                    Each logic board from Apple / Foxconn has a 820-**** part number etched onto the PCB itself. Using this as a guide, you may be able to locate the schematic on this forum.

For example, A1989 = 820-00850 and the schematic is posted here in post # 33:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...0-00850&page=2
                    if i got the part number in the schematic, where can i search for that to buy?

Comment

The vendors / stores will vary.

For simple passive parts like resistors / capacitors - suggest Digikey or Mouser or Arrow Electronics. They are international firms.

For rare parts that are often on these logic boards by Apple / HP / Dell - suggest AliExpress.

Apple will often have parts custom made to their specs to make it more difficult for techs to repair these units but they magically appear in Asia on AliExpress.

Comment

Donor Boards are your friend. Always keep them and never throw them out. You’ll come to a point where you need them. All sizes 13” 15” 16” keep them. We have over 200 in stock. Just repaired a dead board that had a bad diode that was blown, (clean board) had a failed u7000, resistor as well and blown cap. One board we had didn’t have all the parts but we had 3 boards left with all the parts and got the board repaired.
                        sigpic
                        MEOWING IN THE IMPOSSIBLE UNIVERSE!

Comment

Thank you so much guys!
                          You have some agenda or something to see what the parts looks like? I mean how the resistor or something looks like?

What do you guys do, if your part is obvisouly burned but not on the schematic?
                          Macbook starts but doesnt show anything on screen with hdmi adapter either...
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X