Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung Sync Master TCOn or Power board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung Sync Master TCOn or Power board?

I have problem with Sync Master 2043NWX.
    The screen looks some thing like this

The power input to TCON where pin 5 & 6 is at 5v but at the pins where 3.2 V is printed on PCB is not reading 3 Volts but its 0 volts.

Power board

Screen becomes Blue if resolution is changed. and when not connected with VGA input says warning like " Check Signal Input".

Any help to fix 3.2 input voltage to TCON.
    The TCOn model is BN91-01890T

Re: Samsung Sync Master TCOn or Power board?

I can't see those pictures. Would it be possible to upload them using Manage Attachments on this forum?
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I had the long delay in turning on of screen and replaced all CAPS except 100uF which is near the LED socket.

That issue is resolved but still Black or Blue screen problem is not gone.
      Attached Files

Comment

What capacitors did you use to replace the failed capacitors? Where did you buy them? You can find non-low-ESR capacitors and install them, but they are unlikely to properly work.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I replaced all Electrolytic Capacitors available in from an Indian Brand manufacturer known as Keltron with same uF rating

A technician who I met in stores recommended me to use these.

I have not touched other types of Caps like Ceramic the Blue colored ones.

regards,

Comment

Hi Tom,I noticed the the Pin 9 is at 3.2 V when the reading is taken by connecting to TCON board.
            Same 3.2 v is fed to the power LED which is there on bottom right corner of the frame.

So this means the Capacitors are all fine and power broad is working fine.
            As per the images uploaded all settings buttons are displaying OSD menu on screen.

Any alternate board can be used instead of BN91-01890T?
            Last edited by rmg_hrr; 03-24-2012, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Can some body tell me if BN94-01559T is a suitable replacement for this?

Comment

Hi you say the power board is working fine and the only cap not replaced was the small
                one near to the led connector. Did you change the small one in the primary section near the top right corner of the yellow transformer. This is quite an important one.

Have you tried removing, cleaning and replacing the flat cable that goes from the tcon to the panel.

Problem may also be a voltage regulator -will look at that tomorrow
                Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Yes That Capacitor 1uf labeled C204 is also replaced, like you said I also tried using a new flat FFC cable earlier which again gives same No signal menu when not connected and Blue black screen when connected with a VGA source.

Also Samsung technician visited and tried with a new TCON BN94-01559T which did not worked and he said they will try to find the original TCON BN91-01890T board.

After 2 days he called me again and said the original part is not available and you have to replace every thing including the long circuit board fitted on the LCD screen and taht will cost you as good as new monitor it self

Comment

Ok - perhaps we can find what is wrong with the board. Can you post a better picture so we can read the part names. If you can identify any voltage
                    regulators what are the part numbers.
                    With it all connected up and switched on have you tried pressing gently with a wood or plastic tool to see if anything alters. Eg the chip in the middle of the tcon.
                    It seems significant that the on screen menu is unaffected.
                    Last edited by selldoor; 05-14-2012, 02:22 PM.
                    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

If TCon board is damaged how the no signal message appears perfectly and also the OSD menu?

Does it indicate that TCOn is working fine and issue with PSU?

Comment

Does the Power LED change colour when you apply a signal from a computer ??, this indicates that the Logic Board is usually OK, but not all of the time.Also on the connector to the Logic Board what does it say each pin is for...eg 5v, Ground, Dim, etc etc ??

Comment

Hi I am getting almost correct values now like 3.2 v & 5 volt and Power LED just blinks when no signal ( no signal message also displays) and LED stays ON when connected with signal but screen appears black/blue & on changing resolution of input creates some more patterns which I posted.

Actually it all started with blinking LED & long delay to boot monitor, after some 10 mins it was showing pictures perfectly.

I was late to identify the problem with Capacitor.

When it finally stopped showing images I started searching Net and came across bad capacitor issues on power board.

Comment

Fine, what does it say about the pins on the connector to the Logic Board ?????

Comment

Sorry, I did not reply for long time.

In one of the Russian site I have red that the blue strips are due to corrupted firmware and we have to flash the chip with firmware

I also downloaded the firmware file MY20NOCLA_1005.bin

But I don't know how to flash and which tool can do it.

Please provide me steps to flash the firmware and tools.

Comment

very sorry for not responding so long!!
                                Any possibility if this TCON board can work if replaced?

The Samsung 2043NW 2043NWX motherboard driver board MCU program 25L1005MC S24CS08

http://www.smalltao.com/product/9586...05MC%20S24CS08

Comment

hello friend, igot this monitor too, i really need to kn ow if you finally found the way to install the firmware to the monitor. i got a similar problem wen i power on my monitor it only shows a messasge that says [kontrollera signal[ whit the vga cable putted in or not is always the same please help me

Comment

Originally posted by aromano9vc View Post
                                    hello friend, igot this monitor too, i really need to kn ow if you finally found the way to install the firmware to the monitor. i got a similar problem wen i power on my monitor it only shows a messasge that says [kontrollera signal[ whit the vga cable putted in or not is always the same please help me
                                    Unfortunately not found any solution.
                                    I still have the unit, bought new digital Multi meter, thinking to give try again.

Comment

Working...
                                    X