Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: mec 16xx dump with info block

Originally posted by Kayhan 17# View Post
    Thank you for the tool mate, indeed this one is different to the one I had, and it also has that Point 1 PLANAR Service in the Menu.

At least, the stuff in the video was obsolete for me as I had that already and redid it as in the Video, no it did not work.

But what has worked was that I selected the Planar Service, selected the brand name from the INI file, retyped the Serial number and gave 0407 for German keyboard and now its fine

Keyboard Language IDs
    https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3...SLangCodes.htm

Thank you very much
    Excellent, your experience can be useful to others, it worked for me as in the video with a T14 1Gen, the only difference is that in the video it does not show that you have to initialize the Eeprom, I lost a lot of time there... because if you do not initialize, you will not it saves the dmi data, I didn't have to configure the keyboard language either...

Comment

Originally posted by volinakis View Post
      I want to share my 1st experience with MEC1663 from Yoga X1 4th gen.

Many thanks to AAAC, RethoricalCheese, EvilBzyk, their shared knowledge helped me a lot.

1. Connected jtag pins as in picture, no pull up resistor needed. Moved 10k resistor from pull-down to pull-up. Chose MEC1633#ISP. power on motherboard.
      2. Got message "Chip may be damaged or encrypted, the data is not valid" I did try other options, MEC1653#ISP, MEC1633_256k, same result.
      3. I hit "Erase" and laptop stops working, no power on/charge led lit.
      4. I took EC file from bios update and trim 32bytes, the same version it was in bios (I took a photo of info in bios before pulling off the motherboard) wrote the file into EC then power off motherboard. Waited few minutes an power on motherboard, power on/charge led lit. Moved the 10k resistor to pull down.
      5. schematics IS WRONG! TP1 IS REVERSED WITH TP5.
      Maybe I am also in your case. How can i separate ec from bios update. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by jacobk1508 View Post
        Maybe I am also in your case. How can i separate ec from bios update. Thanks for your help.
        what's your S/N? to identify your laptop and extract EC from bios update.
        or you can look at this post and do it yourself.
        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...&postcount=342
        Last edited by volinakis; 07-11-2023, 02:56 PM.
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
        all donations are welcome,
        see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
        >>>>>
        click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
        Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

what's your S/N? to identify your laptop and extract EC from bios update.
          or you can look at this post and do it yourself.
          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...&postcount=342
          My SN: YZ9Z01N6. Many thanks if you can extract the EC file for me. I'm learning how to do it but I need it sooner

Comment

Originally posted by jacobk1508 View Post
            My SN: YZ9Z01N6. Many thanks if you can extract the EC file for me. I'm learning how to do it but I need it sooner
            according to your serial your laptop is X1 Carbon 7th Gen - (Type 20QD, 20QE) and there are 2 EC files. I extracted both, if you took a picture of bios before trying to unlock you'll know what file to use, otherwise try both.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by volinakis; 07-12-2023, 02:47 AM.
            Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
            >>>>>

Comment

according to your serial your laptop is X1 Carbon 7th Gen - (Type 20QD, 20QE) and there are 2 EC files. I extracted both, if you took a picture of bios before trying to unlock you'll know what file to use, otherwise try both.
              Everything is perfect. Thanks so much for your help.

Comment

I have successfully unlocked SVP Lenovo X1 Carbon gen 7. My problem now is that I can't update its DMI information. Tools I used: Uone, i7tm38us, amidedos tool
                Attached Files

Comment

@jacobk1508
                  Try using a more recent utility like: n1ctm07w.

www.badcaps.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1040704

Comment

Hi, could someone help identify JTAG port for this
                    LENOVO P14S
                    Attached Files

Comment

Not supported yet.

Comment

Hi all,

I have a Lenovo T490 with SVP password. It has a MEC 1663. Already tried everything on the web (youtube videos, all related posts on bad caps) and nothing works. I soldered the cables on jtag port with and without rst. confirmed the 10k read/write resistor, put all the 10K resistors on board to feed the jtag lines and nothing works I can't read the MEC. also every time I plug the power the machines works just fine.

I'm using the RT809F, and already saw some posts of users whom manage to use this programmer and worked.

Question is:

What might I have been doing wrong?

If the reset is enabled shouldn't the machine do something different?

I would really appreciate if anyone could help me

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Lloydz View Post
                          Hi all,

I have a Lenovo T490 with SVP password. It has a MEC 1663. Already tried everything on the web (youtube videos, all related posts on bad caps) and nothing works. I soldered the cables on jtag port with and without rst. confirmed the 10k read/write resistor, put all the 10K resistors on board to feed the jtag lines and nothing works I can't read the MEC. also every time I plug the power the machines works just fine.

I'm using the RT809F, and already saw some posts of users whom manage to use this programmer and worked.

Question is:

Thanks
                          try another programmer such as VERTY SAS or SVOD4

Comment

Originally posted by alfredposadas09 View Post
                            try another programmer such as VERTY SAS or SVOD4
                            unfortunately I don't have access to another one, is there any other way to try? Like make some changes to bios or with a clean one without any information of the machine?

Thanks

Comment

hi.
                              i have a thinkpad P50 with MEC 1653.
                              anyone help me enable jtag pin. i want write new data to MEC. I have vertyanov
                              NM-A451 rev 1.0

Comment

If you have Svod or Vertiyano you can read eeprom data directly and unlock it via clearing whole data !! No Need to read full Sio !!
                                This function is not available on Rt809 programmers !! Or any other !!!

PS: Read Process of same to Mec16xx , only select EEPROM option !!

Comment

Originally posted by mferna14 View Post
                                  Thank you for all the information, it is GREAT!!! I am able to read MEC1663 & get the 256KB file which I attached. Kindly inform me now from where will I get an unlocked file (Without password as mine has a password), or someone can kindly auto patch this file for me, I would appreciate. Mine is a Lenovo Thinkpad T490 (Motherboard NM-B901 Rev:1.0). Thanks in advance.
                                  hi how to program MEC1663-BA0

Comment

Originally posted by nguyenmeo199422 View Post
                                    hi.
                                    i have a thinkpad P50 with MEC 1653.
                                    anyone help me enable jtag pin. i want write new data to MEC. I have vertyanov
                                    NM-A451 rev 1.0
                                    P50 can be unlocked with lenovo autopatcher, no need to erase EC via JTAG. If you want to "write new data" and your laptop has no password use Lenovo Maintenance Utility. It's unclear what you want to do, be more specific. You'll find JTAG pins in schematics of P50.
                                    Attached Files
                                    Last edited by volinakis; 10-21-2023, 12:25 AM.
                                    >>>>>

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
                                      Looks like JTAG reset resistor is marked in red box. Move the resistor next to that capacitor on the empty pads.

I will test it tomorrow.
                                      Can you please explain this further the component showing is a capacitor so where is the resistor and where exactly are we supposed to move the resistor to? Can you show us with pictures how to go about it?

Comment

Could someone please post picture how do you connect Vertyanov Successor Base2 to JTAG pads on motherboard? All pictures I saw are for Vertyanov Jig 2/3, but newer SuccessorBase2 programmer comes without JTAG cable and I can't understand how to connect it properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Lloydz View Post
                                          Hi all,

Question is:

Thanks
                                          I can confirm, that I had no luck with rt809f on mec1663

Comment

Working...
                                          X