Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GT-30 shuts off and 8 blinks when vivid mode selected.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GT-30 shuts off and 8 blinks when vivid mode selected.

Hello everyone, hope someone has some insight for my 2011, Panasonic GT30 TV. At least give me an idea where to look.

Problem started with the 7 blink issue (would not power on), then I had replaced the SC board (bought a supposedly new board from a china supplier via ebay). when I replaced this board, the 7 blinks went away and the tv powered on - but with picture issues. the TV is working to some extent, all inputs work, however, the colors are quite intense making for a bad picture, and when I select vivid mode, the TV will shut down and give an 8 blink SOS. I can reset and repeat this. One other note, it appears that the 3d picture is OK (however, I do not have 3d glasses to confirm), but the over-saturation goes away in 3d mode. Also, the general color tests in the service mode appear to be fine. Basic text appears fine as well. Please let me know if you have any ideas, or direction on this. I have not checked any TP's yet, rather taken the board swap approach. Thanks.

Re: GT-30 shuts off and 8 blinks when vivid mode selected.

Don't have any ideas at the moment but can we get photos of the image issues, and the boards installed , preferably closeups with the sc,sd,su set and then the other side of the SS.

Comment

Also if you have the old board still there's a place that does rebuilds. Could be worth sending both boards, 1 for repair and the other they may run up for you and confirm if it's good or not.

the other question is did you get the exact same revision board? I have a feeling someone had some unusual image issues and in the end they had the wrong board.

So the more detailed info you can give , like model, photos of both boards also showing the part numbers and there's normally a white sticker, also has the full part number.

Plus a photo of the display fault.

A rebuild is in the order of $80 sending your old board in

http://www.ptselectronicsinc.com/

Comment

Did you ever fix your issues with the bad color? Also, what was the VS voltage on white screen?

Comment

you have the wrong version Y sus board been there and done this

Comment

Working...
          X