HP BIOS unlock tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP BIOS unlock tool

I take them from junk motherboards. Have had bad experience when I ordered 10 new ones from ebay. Only 1 of them worked.

Comment

...it works 820 G2 unlocked with ch341 / asprogrammer ...was needed to add file extension .bin

Comment

Originally posted by CornholioGSM View Post
        ...it works 820 G2 unlocked with ch341 / asprogrammer ...was needed to add file extension .bin
        Could you please tell what you did exactly?

Comment

guidep, your issue is with reading/writing. It has actually nothing to do with my unlocker.

His issue was that he had the file name lockedbios.rom and had to rename it to lockedbios.bin for it to work.

But to think of it... That *.bin restriction was unnecessary. It was added just because I always have used .bin extension and not .rom or anything other.

Comment

Hi, got another 840G3 where the HPUnlocker is not working. Guess the location is again stored in two different places. @RethoricalCheese - do you mind posting the clean vss-section as file, so i could put them in via HxD? Image original and unlocked is attached

@RethoricalCheese - got it working i used the userCred section from the previous one you patched for me. If you look at both files, there is a section with alot of numbers in UserCred, you unlocker did not remove those. As i removed this section via HxD it worked. Maybe this is something you want to look into for future HPUnlocker updates

Block B1908C-B190C8 // 00B19170 // 00B19200
            Attached Files
            Last edited by slaine; 04-09-2020, 02:33 AM. Reason: solution found

Comment

Yes, I am aware of the problem. It is just that mostly that section is not like yours is. I have unlocked maybe a thousand HP-s and never had one like you have.

Since I am working on another unlocker (which takes only a second or two to read, unlock and write), I will redo the unlocking part when I get to that point.

Comment

Hi @RethoricalCheese, I have a question, I have an HP Probook 6470b but it has two users in the bios locked by password, I only know the password of one them, but unfortunately the Bios Administrator I have no idea... I bought it in that state 5 years ago, I would like to know if in this state your tool can unlock the bios administrator but having an extra user in the bios.

Comment

It shouldn't be a problem. Just unlock using this tool and then when you get to bios you can reset security settings aswell to be sure everything is removed.

Comment

Hello My laptop HP zbook 14u G6. Using 866II Plus. Read dump, use utility have file ...._unloked after prorramming password no clear... Help me pleace
                    Attached Files

Comment

Probably just too new and something has changed. I don't have such a new laptop to try anything on.

Comment

Originally posted by gpu View Post
                        Hello My laptop HP zbook 14u G6. Using 866II Plus. Read dump, use utility have file ...._unloked after prorramming password no clear... Help me pleace
                        try
                        Attached Files
                        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
                          try
                          Bios Administrator Password present! Password in main bios or ec?
                          Last edited by gpu; 04-12-2020, 05:02 AM.

Comment

Such a new PC. Don`t know about it yet.
                            Won't HP help you out using proof of purchase?

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
                              Such a new PC. Don`t know about it yet.
                              Won't HP help you out using proof of purchase?
                              No, but bye laptop with ebay, used...

Comment

32 months remaining on the warranty.Didn`t the seller transfer it .
                                All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Im living in Ukraine laptop from Denmark. Im using laptop everyday. .. everyone help me?

Comment

Im living in Ukraine laptop from Denmark. Im using laptop everyday. .. everyone help me?
                                    Try this repaired file and tell us if work
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Claudiomfa View Post
                                      Try this repaired file and tell us if work
                                      Working but password present! after programming bios shows Restoring bios. One queshions - password in main bios or in firmware EC?
                                      Last edited by gpu; 04-12-2020, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Working but password present! after programming bios shows Restoring bios. One queshions - password in main bios or in firmware EC?
                                        You can make a EC backup from your laptop?

Comment

Originally posted by Claudiomfa View Post
                                          You can make a EC backup from your laptop?
                                          EC bios
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X