Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP BIOS unlock tool

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post

...No Pavilions or other trash is supported ...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
    Become a Badcaps supporter
    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
    Thanks to all supporters.​
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Thanks for your hard work. HP Elitebook 820 G3 works
      Last edited by piernov; 09-20-2020, 01:30 PM. Reason: google translate

Comment

Originally posted by dewako View Post
        My laptops have two password administrator and power on password i removed administrator password but power on password still there please help..
        try this.. let me know if it works or not ..
        Attached Files

Comment

(...) you need to dump your bios, remove password from dump and reprogram bios with modified dump.

For that you need an SPI programmer like CH341A or Raspberry Pi with Flashrom or any other similar programmer. A soic8 clip is also useful so there wouldn't be a need to unsolder bios IC.

When you have your dump, just drag and drop your file on my HPUnlocker tool and it will create a new file. It will add "_unlocked" to the name of your locked file.

Just program the new file on your bios IC.

This unlocker should work on all Elite, EliteBook, ProBook and maybe some other series HP laptops.

(...)
          Used CH341A USB programmer and in-circuit programming clip.
          Successfully removed BIOS password with HP Unlocker on the following
          ProBook 6470b
          ProBook 6570b

Comment

thanks for this useful thread

have hp elitebook 840 G3 can anyone help please

sorry for my ignorance but i just made a look at the website so the steps to unlock the bios password is to get a dump of the bios soft and use a tool to clear the password then reprogram the bios
            i'm stuck at the first step make a bios dump\any tutorial here or video
            thank's
            Last edited by piernov; 09-23-2020, 12:58 PM. Reason: Double post
            ++++ geek

Comment

You first need a tool for that. Raspberry pi, minipro, Ch341A, tl866 or any other SPI programmer. Then unsolder the chip and attach it to programmer. Read, modify, write. Then solder it back to motherboard.

Comment

You first need a tool for that. Raspberry pi, minipro, Ch341A, tl866 or any other SPI programmer. Then unsolder the chip and attach it to programmer. Read, modify, write. Then solder it back to motherboard.
                I have a raspberry pi 3, is there a video on the forum on how to unsold the chip
                is there a way how I can get the bios dump and modify it without unsolder the bios chip ?
                Last edited by kingsco; 09-24-2020, 10:20 AM.
                ++++ geek

Comment

No, not on your model. If you need to ask how to unsolder it, it would be faster and cheaper to let somebody do it who knows how to do it. Otherwise next question would be "How to fix broken traces?"

Anyway, you need a hot air station (NOT hot air gun), raspberry pi with flashrom installed and a soic8 or wson8 adapter.

Comment

great work thank you very much... regards..

Comment

All Elitebooks, Probooks and zbooks which are up to ninth generation which should be up to year 2018, like 840 G5, are supported.
                      Do you know if the Probook 645 G4 (AMD Ryzen Pro 2000U series) falls into that same category?

All I know is that it started selling in June 2018, and I'm guessing these are the chips.

Comment

I have a hp G4 2072la, will BIOS F.2A Rev. A work to unlock my BIOS?

Comment

Worked like a charm on a HP Probook 4520s

it had bios setup password, desoldered flash, dumped bios, removed passwrod, reprogram, win!. After this i could finally update the BIOS(as it was super outdated).

Testing with a different bios dump yielded no boot

Comment

can someone help me with a dump for folio 1040 g2?
                            Thx

Comment

Originally posted by xeniachile View Post
                              I have a hp G4 2072la, will BIOS F.2A Rev. A work to unlock my BIOS?

No, pavilions are not supported.

Comment

Originally posted by Mugatu View Post
                                Do you know if the Probook 645 G4 (AMD Ryzen Pro 2000U series) falls into that same category?

All I know is that it started selling in June 2018, and I'm guessing these are the chips.

I am really not sure. Too new for me so I have not tested it on that model yet.

Comment

do hp unlocker tool needed/must req for hp bios GD25b64CS1G chip or no need for this bios chip

Comment

good day co tech i need smc bin file for hp probook 640 g1 thank you i hope i get the files..

Comment

Originally posted by versantejol View Post
                                      good day co tech i need smc bin file for hp probook 640 g1 thank you i hope i get the files..

No!

Comment

Originally posted by stingerchamp View Post
                                        do hp unlocker tool needed/must req for hp bios GD25b64CS1G chip or no need for this bios chip

Well, you need to specify which model you have. BIOS chip models don't say much.

Comment

tested with hp EliteBook 850 G1 ok

Comment

Working...
                                          X