Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP BIOS unlock tool

Hi,

Good news, @RethoricalCheese, your unlocker work wonderfully !!
    The clip of the ch341a was atrocious but I did manage to read twice and write without errors at the end
    So yeah, I can confirm for the others that the hp Z440 with a Winbond 25Q128FVSQ can have is bios password removed

Many thanks

Comment

HP BIOS unlock tool for ZBook G3

Hello guys!

I have a ZBook 17 G3 laptop with Power-On password set - password that I don't know for I've never used it (nor set it explicitly). I've been using my unit for years now, unlocking it with my fingerprint, until new fingerprint driver reinitialized something and removed my fingerprint (and left me with a power-on password I never used nor intended to - HP Client Security tool I used to register my fingerprint for power-on auth also associated windows password with it).
      I know main BIOS (admin) password, but it's of no use for I can't get into BIOS...

Anyway, my unit has Winbond 25Q128FVSQ chip, mentioned on a few pages in this thread:
      1. This one shows use case I could use (before unfortunate fingerprint removal, there was Bios Administrator user option on power-on authentication screen)
      2. This one is for very similar laptop, though I don't know what was the problem with it...

Before I try it out, I'd rather ask first, could this unlocker tool help me with the problem I have? These two posts made me think so, but I'd better play it safe... I don't expect any guarantees (would be silly to do so), rather an advice or a guide. Thank you!

Comment

Re: HP BIOS unlock tool for ZBook G3

Originally posted by ssh View Post
        Hello guys...
        Just upload your bios dump here.
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
        Become a Badcaps supporter
        >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
        Thanks to all supporters.​
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
          The tool is doing the job nicely, but not always. Improved version is in development but because I will integrate it into a more automated tool, it will take more time to release the public version.

Also I am trying to use pogo-pins and 3D printed fixture to read and program wson8 chips. If anybody has a nice design for that, please do let me know.
          Did you succeed in finding a 3d model for printing a case for wson8 chips? If not I will purchase one and copy the design and share the STL model with the forum. Feel free to share adapters that has a good reputation so we can copy something that likely will work

Comment

Originally posted by Spjeu24 View Post
            Hi,

Good news, @RethoricalCheese, your unlocker work wonderfully !!
            The clip of the ch341a was atrocious but I did manage to read twice and write without errors at the end
            So yeah, I can confirm for the others that the hp Z440 with a Winbond 25Q128FVSQ can have is bios password removed

Many thanks
            Yeah, atrocious is the correct definition. Especially if the chip is wson8

Comment

Originally posted by newbie_unlocker View Post
              Your most likely getting lots of FFFF's because the clip isn't connected properly. I had the exact same model and for me I bought the 8 pin jig from eBay and removed the chip from the board, after that I got perfect reads every time. the ch341a clip is useless and the more times you try and use it tends to do more damage than good.

as for the software I'll have a look at mine tonight after work and give you a link to where I got my software which works perfectly.
              Please feel free to share the link to the 8 pin jig you bought from ebay.

Comment

I tried to 3d print pogo pin holder but couldn't get it to work properly. It has been easier to just unsolder the chip and place it in the jig.

Comment

Yeah, I can imagine it might be tricky. I guess so too, relatively easiest way is to unsolder and place it in the jig.

Comment

I tried to 3d print pogo pin holder but couldn't get it to work properly. It has been easier to just unsolder the chip and place it in the jig.
                    Hi Again
                    does hp 840 g5 has any 16mb bios or only have 32mb bios

Comment

Both.

Comment

Hello!

You can give DMMP BIOS (HP ProBook 450 G7 BIOS S71 dump).

On the first and on the second BIOS.

Thanks!

Comment

Both.
                          thanks i found it but when using issi chip unlock not working and get always hp endpoint security error

Comment

do u have any solution for that

Comment

Hello!

hp endpoint security controller problem.

You can fix it. Thanks!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Hi fellas. 745 G5 here with bios password. bought a chip on ebay, replaced it, now have 7 blinks and black screen. old chip booted when i put it again, but new chip blinks 7 times. Chip in question is on U367 between ram and ssd, front side of mobo says 25Q128JVPQ with different numbers under that. please help me get it up unlocked

Comment

Hey!

You can collect CSME Region in the BIOS. (inside the BIOS file and pure CSME Region)

Thanks!
                                  Attached Files

Comment

hi, i need BIOS Q70 (Zbook 15 G5) 32 and 16mb orig
                                    thank all

Comment

Originally posted by onlylove17 View Post
                                      hi, i need BIOS Q70 (Zbook 15 G5) 32 and 16mb orig
                                      thank all
                                      Off-topic ,post your request here: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=76449
                                      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

worked for probook 650 g2, Vesko356 helped me with my dump as i had issue with the software. shout out to vesko356 and the software delevoper! helped me loads

Comment

I have successfully unlocked the BIOS for HP Elitebook 8440P. I have a couple of laptop that I need to remove the BIOS password and will report back once everything is good. Thanks and appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                                          X