X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP BIOS unlock tool

Hello everybody !
    This is my first post here.

Let me tell you my problem, I have a Elitebook 745 G2 with Bios admin password lost and Secure Boot enable, so I have been unable to clear bios using Mazzif method, and just decided try this process.

Once decided, I would like to ask your help for:

1-. Any recommendation for CH341A and SOIC8 clip adapter to read and program back my BIOS ?
    I don't have any, so will purchase one that any of you are using successfully ( if possible with a model same as mine Elitebook 745 G2)

2-. Anybody can help me to identify if the BIOS chip to be read and written back is the one with the blue dot ( red arrow pointing to it) ? As there are two similar chips in the board, I am not sure to which one attack.
    Attached Files

Comment

If you happen to have a raspberry, use that as a programmer, solder wires to chip, flashrom as software.
      Otherwise, random ch341a which has a soic8 adapter in kit. I personally have used the green one but they are all awful anyway. But they do the job mostly.

Main bios is always biggest (read the numbers on it).

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
        try..
        What is the password on the old file?
        BIOS-administrator? does not fit.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Trying to unlock bios on a HP ProBook 650 G1 with the HP Unlock tool but unlocked dump is stall password protected.

Can anyone help or point me in the right direction?

Thanks
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by cdgold3 View Post
            Hi Guys,

Trying to unlock bios on a HP ProBook 650 G1 with the HP Unlock tool but unlocked dump is stall password protected.

Can anyone help or point me in the right direction?

Thanks
            Sorted - Using RCUnlocker worked for me

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
              If you happen to have a raspberry, use that as a programmer, solder wires to chip, flashrom as software.
              Otherwise, random ch341a which has a soic8 adapter in kit. I personally have used the green one but they are all awful anyway. But they do the job mostly.

Main bios is always biggest (read the numbers on it).
              Thanks @RetoricalCheese, unfortunately don't have a Raspebrry, so purchased a ch341a kit. I will test it when it arrives.

The two chips are marked/read as follows: the one with the blue dot is brand Winbond, 25Q64FVSIG 1529, and the other one is also Winbond brand but model 25Q160VSIG 1545.

From my "google research", I understand that I need to read from ( and later write to) this one 25Q64FVSIG .

If I am wrong, please let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by ferypepa View Post
                Thanks @RetoricalCheese, unfortunately don't have a Raspebrry, so purchased a ch341a kit. I will test it when it arrives.

The two chips are marked/read as follows: the one with the blue dot is brand Winbond, 25Q64FVSIG 1529, and the other one is also Winbond brand but model 25Q160VSIG 1545.

From my "google research", I understand that I need to read from ( and later write to) this one 25Q64FVSIG .

If I am wrong, please let me know.
                That's right.
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                Become a Badcaps supporter
                >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                Thanks to all supporters.
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Confirmed worked with Elitebook 840 G3, thank you.

Comment

Good evening,

I'm the owner of a HP ProBook 4730s. The bios is locked by a lost password.

I've dumped the bios with a CH341A Programmer. I've tryed unlocker on post 1 but it's not working despite change inside the unlocked file. On the HP website the Bios is 2.5Mb but the chip (MX25L512C) is only 512kb.. I've tryed some to like UEFITool to make is smaller with no luck.

Can you help me to find a way to remove it ? Attached, the original bios file I dumped, the modified (non working file from Unlocker).

Thanks a lot.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Obviously you have the wrong chip. Find the correct one. It might be in a socket on that model.

Comment

Hi, bios for HP ProBook 645 G2, please, THX.

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
                          Obviously you have the wrong chip. Find the correct one. It might be in a socket on that model.
                          Hello RethoricalCheese,

Thanks for your time and reply. I dont understand where this chip can be. I've looked around everywhere. I've found some powerchip but nothing programmable or look like a BIOS chip

Comment

Tested and works on hp probook 430 g3. Note: drag and drop the locked bios onto the program

Comment

Hello,

first of all thank you for this forum and the tools you have developed it is very helpful.

I have an HP 840 G1 with the bios locked by a password.

I successfully dump the bios (via a CH341a programmer) and unlock the bios via RCunlocker and it is working.

But now I have the following message at startup : "Warning!! Machine is not in committed state!"

I tried to use wndmifit but it seem the mpm mode is locked too.. and I cannot succeed to unlock with windows touch + up + down

Does somebody have a tips or a suggestion to remove this message ?
                              (I do not understand very well why I have this message ..)

thank you very much
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ofni View Post
                                Hello,

first of all thank you for this forum and the tools you have developed it is very helpful.

I have an HP 840 G1 with the bios locked by a password.

I successfully dump the bios (via a CH341a programmer) and unlock the bios via RCunlocker and it is working.

But now I have the following message at startup : "Warning!! Machine is not in committed state!"

I tried to use wndmifit but it seem the mpm mode is locked too.. and I cannot succeed to unlock with windows touch + up + down

Does somebody have a tips or a suggestion to remove this message ?
                                (I do not understand very well why I have this message ..)

thank you very much
                                try this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T57ktw8n3Y
                                Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

I would like but the laptop is in mpm LOCKED mode :/

and when I tried to go in unlocked mode with windows touch + arrow down + arrow up + power the laptop start, display HP logo and stop

Comment

Random issue. Sometimes bios update gets rid of it.

Comment

Thanks everybody, unfortunately I was not able to make it.

I received my CH341A programmer yesterday, and spent the afternoon with the clip.
                                      No way I could detect the bios chip ( winbond 25Q64FV). No matter how I put the clip, I could't detect it, not even once.

Reading about the clip problems, I decided to solder.

This time, I was able to detect the chip but readings was garbage, anytime I pressed detect, the chip ID changed.
                                      I could verify just once the dump, but it was also garbage ( same content in blocks), throw that file to RCunloker but, as expected, message that was not ant "unlockeable material".

I think it's a connection issue, but verified the continuity of cables from chip pins to CH341A, and they were correct, double checked several times the layout connections in programmer for 25xxx chips, but couldn't isolate any problem, maybe there is a little short in my solder connections ( I am not an expert ).

So, I surrender .... for now.

Luckily my computer still boots with a W10 disk, and I can use it although not able to access BIOS, change logo,...

I heard about a probe instead of the clip. Not sure if it will perform better or you need to have the pulse of a medical surgeon. I will investigate.

Comment

Originally posted by ferypepa View Post
                                        Thanks everybody, unfortunately I was not able to make it.

I received my CH341A programmer yesterday, and spent the afternoon with the clip.
                                        No way I could detect the bios chip ( winbond 25Q64FV). No matter how I put the clip, I could't detect it, not even once.
                                        Use NeoProgrammer,Colibri or ASProgrammer software instead.Also there`s a 3.3V modification you can make to the programmer to make it a bit more stable,if you have the black PCB version,you`ll find some youtube videos, search for "CH341A 3.3V mod"
                                        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                                          Use NeoProgrammer,Colibri or ASProgrammer software instead.Also there`s a 3.3V modification you can make to the programmer to make it a bit more stable,if you have the black PCB version,you`ll find some youtube videos, search for "CH341A 3.3V mod"
                                          Thanks SMDFlea,
                                          I will give a try tomorrow to these softwares.
                                          I have the green version of the CH341A, but will double check the voltage it gaves as well.

Read also about, trying to dump with the CMOS battery connected. So, another test.

Comment

Working...
                                          X