Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP BIOS unlock tool

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
    No, i was build a new file from your file. Of course it should be 16MB.
    The file you build still gives the same error....any other ideas on how to get rid of the error message ? or other code that could disable that message?

Comment

I didn`t check it yet but I found EPZ2019 mod on youtube which is simply connecting pin 4 with ground.I`m gonna check it on weekend with chip removed and not removed from mb.This is a link to tutorial how to do it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_sCP9a56cw&t=30s

Comment

Please remove bios password my hp ProBook 640 g3
        Thanks
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by homer66 View Post
          Please remove bios password my hp ProBook 640 g3
          Thanks
          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=98539

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
          Become a Badcaps supporter
          >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
          Thanks to all supporters.
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Thank you, working!

Comment

I`ve got to remove password from Hp 820 G5.I`ve made a dump from W25q256 wich is 32mb one.RcUnlocker doesn`t work with this file.I used HpUnlocker but I`m not sure if it`s ok.May I ask sombody to check it for me and eventually if its wrong, make it correct for me.I`m attaching original locked dump, unlocked using HPunlocker and image after trying to unlock it using RCunlocker.
              Thank you in advance.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi and thanks for your tool!

I have a ProBook 470 G2 with a password protected Bios, I tried your tool to unlock it but after reflashing it's still asking for the password.

Here is the procedure I used:

Unplugged and removed the laptop battery.
                Used the CH341a to extract the Bios from the chip in place (without de-soldering).
                Unlocked the extracted Bios with HPUnlocker tool.
                Reflashed the unlocked Bios in place.
                Put back the battery and plugged in the laptop then tried to enter the Bios, but it's still asking password.

Should I try to remove also the CMOS battery before flashing?

If it helps I join the two Bios (unlocked and original)

Thanks!
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by N0f3ar View Post
                  hi to all please help me unlock hp 840 g6
                  Hi,
                  What programmer did you use to read is25lp128 chip?
                  I`ve got EZP2019+ but it doesn`t support this chip

Comment

Originally posted by kba81 View Post
                    I`ve got to remove password from Hp 820 G5.I`ve made a dump from W25q256 wich is 32mb one.RcUnlocker doesn`t work with this file.I used HpUnlocker but I`m not sure if it`s ok.May I ask sombody to check it for me and eventually if its wrong, make it correct for me.I`m attaching original locked dump, unlocked using HPunlocker and image after trying to unlock it using RCunlocker.
                    Thank you in advance.
                    fixed
                    Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by flo34 View Post
                      Hi and thanks for your tool!

I have a ProBook 470 G2 with a password protected Bios, I tried your tool to unlock it but after reflashing it's still asking for the password.

Here is the procedure I used:

Unplugged and removed the laptop battery.
                      Used the CH341a to extract the Bios from the chip in place (without de-soldering).
                      Unlocked the extracted Bios with HPUnlocker tool.
                      Reflashed the unlocked Bios in place.
                      Put back the battery and plugged in the laptop then tried to enter the Bios, but it's still asking password.

Should I try to remove also the CMOS battery before flashing?

If it helps I join the two Bios (unlocked and original)

Thanks!
                      Remove all power on the mainboard while flashing the chip because at this time the power supply to the chip is provided by the programmer.

Comment

Thanks but how to do to remove all power if the battery is already removed and if it's the programmer that's giving power? Will it works if I keep the power button pushed while flashing the chip?

Regards

Comment

Thanks but how to do to remove all power if the battery is already removed and if it's the programmer that's giving power? Will it works if I keep the power button pushed while flashing the chip?

Regards
                          hold down the power button ? what for ?

Comment

hold down the power button ? what for ?
                            In fact I don't know how to remove the power from the board while flashing, because this chip is soldered to board an I'm flashing it in place.

I tried erasing the chip before reflashing but it's the same result, it's still asking me the password.

Thanks

Comment

Remove all battery. Main battery and CMOS battery.

Comment

I realize that the bios chip W25Q64FV operates in 3.3V but my CH341a operates at 5V. Could this be the problem? If I lower the voltage of the CH341a to 3.3V will it works?
                                In fact when I flash or read the chip the board is indeed powered by the CH341a because I can see that the light of the power button turns on (although there is no battery plugged in).

Comment

Remove all battery. Main battery and CMOS battery.
                                  Sorry I didn't see your previous post, I will try then without CMOS battery (all other power sources are already disconnected).
                                  But I was thinking also that maybe isolating the power pin of the Bios chip from the board can also work to avoid it to power the board, it's pin 8 on W25Q64FV.

Thanks
                                  Last edited by flo34; 04-11-2022, 06:10 AM.

Comment

I realize that the bios chip W25Q64FV operates in 3.3V but my CH341a operates at 5V. Could this be the problem? If I lower the voltage of the CH341a to 3.3V will it works?
                                    In fact when I flash or read the chip the board is indeed powered by the CH341a because I can see that the light of the power button turns on (although there is no battery plugged in).
                                    Lower the voltage to 3.3 volts or you will damage the bios chip

Comment

Lower the voltage to 3.3 volts or you will damage the bios chip
                                      OK it worked thanks a lot for your help! Simply removed the CMOS battery (along with all other power sources) did the trick (I wanted to avoid it because I had to fully disassemble the laptop).
                                      Apparently, I didn't need to lower the voltage to 3.3V, it seems that some chip are not damaged by the 5V.

Thanks again!

Comment

sir my laptop in no display 830 g7 fan making noise with high speed i programm many bios but condition same i think clear me issue any body can help plz plz reply 10th gen laptop

Comment

Originally posted by rehan View Post
                                          sir my laptop in no display 830 g7 fan making noise with high speed i programm many bios but condition same i think clear me issue any body can help plz plz reply 10th gen laptop
                                          send old dump

Comment

Working...
                                          X