This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Post your system.......

I've been obsessed with girls since I was in kinder (just ask my mother), that might have something to do with it.

I had a different crush every year in elementary since second grade...

Sometime before kindergarten= Julie
    2nd Grade= April
    3rd Grade= Caroline
    4th Grade= Amanda
    5th Grade= Sonia
    6th Grade= Laura
    7th Grade= Sarah/Rachel
    8th Grade= Amber
    9th Grade= Emily
    10th Grade= Sandra
    11th Grade= Desiree
    12th Grade (today) = wouldn't you like to know...

Comment

Oh wow I forgot I was going to update this once I rebuilt my computer. Here's the new system:

Intel Core i7 920
      ASUS P6T
      3x 2GB Corsair XMS DDR3-1600
      eVGA 8800GTS 640MB
      HT Omega Striker 7.1
      Same Thermaltake 520W something
      Same Xigmatek cooler
      320GB WD
      640GB Seagate
      750GB WD
      120GB OCZ Vertex SSD
      Same TJ-09 case

Here's some pics:

Before, from the outside:

Before, the inside:

After the upgrade, from the inside (the outside looks pretty much the same, and I don't seem to have a picture of it):

And here's the knoppix boot screen. 8 Penguins! silly 32 bit operating systems...that's why there's only 3G of RAM instead of 6:

Boy does this thing fly!
      Attached Files

Comment

Just put the final touches on my main box, Tokimi:

- Quad Core 9550 @ 3.4 GHz with Scythe Kama Angle
        - Asus P5Q-VM
        - 8 GB PC6400 at 4-4-4-12, 1:1 FSB
        - ATI 4670 1 GB
        - ATI 4350 512 MB in cut PCIe x1
        - 60 GB OCZ Summit
        - 640 GB WD Caviar Black
        - 320 GB Seagate 2.5"
        - Old Pioneer IDE DVD writer
        - Antec P183
        - Seasonic SS-350ET
        - Samsung 2443BW, 2343BWX and 2 X Dell E173FPb (recapped)
        - 9 Fans, but all very quiet.

All my "fast" PCs are named after female characters from a particular show. (should be easy to guess). Everything "slow" is given a rude saying from Beavis and Butthead. The cutoff varies as I get new stuff and older boxes get retired. Strange, but it beats the serial # like scheme at work.

Comment

Originally posted by KeriJane
          Odd.

I find it interesting that some people call their machinery (such as cars, planes, trains, boats, weapons, tools, computers) "She" or "Her" and also sometimes give them names.
          I only named my computer so far. Used to, I mean. We spent so much time together that I guess I made the same as the guy alone on the island (Tom Hanks) to avoid insanity. I guess it didn't help a lot
          There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
          • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code
          • Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz
          • 16gb GSKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
          • 1 M2 SSD + 2 WD Blue 1TB (Mirrored)
          • Windows 10 Pro x64
          • GeForce GT1050
            2 x Acer KA240H + 1 Vewsonic VP2130 21 (a cap replacement job )

Comment

I never name my computers after girls. I never understood that. I don't like naming my stuff in general. My network names are server, reaper, hateway, deathbox... shit like that. My wireless network is named (_)=======D

Comment

Originally posted by NxB
              My wireless network is named (_)=======D
              There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
              • Windows 10 Pro x64
              • GeForce GT1050

Comment

Originally posted by eguevarae

if i did that my mom would ax me to death...
                sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

I live near a lot of neighbors who have their own wifi too.

Comment

Originally posted by etnietering

Boy does this thing fly!
                    How am I supposed to sign there?

Comment

That was some sticker that came on something and I wanted to put it somewhere, so I stuck it there. Signing an LCD panel wouldn't work so well....

Comment

Originally posted by ratdude747

if i did that my mom would ax me to death...
                        Just imagine that wireless net and a neighbor with one named "(_!_)" ....

Just for reference http://www.jokes.com/funny/potty+humor/ass-icons
                        • Windows 10 Pro x64
                        • GeForce GT1050

Comment

live cd flies?
                          i don't buy that.
                          <wink>

Comment

Chihuahua #1 Dixie Girl #2 Boo Boo #3 Bandit #4 Abby
                            Bull-Mastiff, John Gotti
                            Cat #1 LiL Bit #2 Dotti #3 Phoenix
                            Snake, Buckwheat
                            Computer... Most of the time its "This POS" or "It." Other times its B***h and others workds like this.
                            "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
                            Mark Twain

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way."
                            John Paul Jones

There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.
                            Rod Serling

Comment

Originally posted by i4004
                              live cd flies?
                              i don't buy that.
                              <wink>
                              it will if you use the toram switch!

Comment

kc8adu; wow, thanks man, I've always been wondering if there is no switch like that, but not bothered to RTFM, just tried it on my CD and it works great!
                                I actually had a Windows BartPE XP boot ISO put on a USB stick that does exactly this, but it works not as good as knoppix, knoppix usually gets a working system running, with LAN and all (unlike windows)
                                "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

>it will if you use the toram switch!

for me the main issue is slowness of the copy-to-ram process (on booting) and this doesn't help that...
                                  this helps it to be faster ONCE it's loaded...

btw. what's the time it takes knoppix to fully load on c2d system?
                                  (obviously, i only use live cds only when i must...their slowness scares the shit out of me...hehe)

Comment

Originally posted by c_hegge
                                    My "Hovercraft" (People call it that because it has 10 fans in it!) is as follows:

Pentium D.C. E5300 2.6GHz (OC to 3GHz), Might upgrade to core 2 duo later
                                    4GB Kingston ValueRAM DDR2 800
                                    250GB Seagate HDD
                                    Samsung writemaster DVD Burner
                                    ATI/AMD Radeon HD3850 Video Card
                                    Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L Motherboard
                                    CoolerMaster Xtreme power 550W PSU
                                    Antec Twelve Hundred Case (Damaged - Top comes off when you try to lift it!)
                                    Windows XP Pro

In spite of all the fans, it isn't too noisy.

Upgraded the CPU now to a Core 2 duo E8400 (3GHz). Next upgrade will either be the video card or a quieter PSU (The one I have now might as well be called the Coolermaster Xtreme Noise-maker!)

While I'm at it I might as well post the family PC:

Athlon XP 2500+ Barton core
                                    Re-capped ASUS A7V600-X Motherboard
                                    2GB Super Talent (2x 1GB) RAM
                                    80GB WD Sata HDD
                                    40GB WD Sata HDD
                                    Sony DVD Burner
                                    Inno3D nVidia GeForce 7600GS
                                    Re-capped Antec SP-400 PSU
                                    Generic black and silver case
                                    Windows XP Pro
                                    I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

C hegge,

I'm interested in how your overall performance from E5300 to E8400 with heavy lifting stuff like MPEG2 decoding for live watching so on.

My difference in CPU is E5200 (2.5GHz) and I use ATi 550 Pro tuner and HD3650 512MB.

Also I have CPU Phenom II 550 and eventually grab mainboard with 785 chipset and HD5770 or higher for this task as well if I'm forced to build a SD tuner processor PC to drive a TV. But I have issue. AVIVO got real close, lot better than TV and HM-DT100U, the issues is only minor AA visible and faded colors, slightly unfocused look, bit low contrast. Is there more to improve upon this?

I have done envaluations on wide range models and makes of TV's own processor is sucky on SD via tuner. HM-DT100U got it last friday and still even worse for a former 1,000 D-VHS when new D-VHS VCR on SD!? Excessive Anti-Aliasing and areas of moving items not in sync, um like face turn or moving but the nose wobbling strangely, 6 or 8 bit crushed the shading of colors.

That HM-DT100U is going back in exchange for DMR-EZ28K if H & B will accept that.

Cheers, Wizard

Comment

Da Retro Gaming Station :

Mobo: Abit VP6 (VIA KT133A)
                                        CPU: 2x Pentium III E 1Ghz 133MHz FSB OC'd @ 1245MHz 166Mhz FSB
                                        RAM: SDR TONICOM PC-166 @ 166MHz
                                        VGA: AGP Gainward GeForce 7600GS 256MB GDDR3 (GPU/RAM: 400/1100 OC'd @ 533/1500 MHz)
                                        HDD: WD 80GB PATA (WD800JB) + ext. USB 160GB 2.5'' Fujitsu
                                        LAN: Realtek 10/100Mbit RTL8139D PCI
                                        Audio: Classic CMI8738
                                        USB/Firewire: VIA Vectro USB2.0/IEEE1394 PCI Add-on card
                                        Optical DRV: LG DVD-RAM
                                        PSU: Fortron BlueStrom II 500W
                                        Case: SilverStone Kublai black + few blowers

Book - Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo Mobile U9200

Skynet - Agilent Advisor J2300E
                                        Last edited by Shodan486; 12-27-2009, 03:57 PM.
                                        Mobo: MSI K8N Master2-FAR CPU: 2x Opteron 265 OC'd @ 2,25GHz RAM: 2x2GB Crucial DDR400 CL3 ECC/Buff. (ECC OFF), VGA: ASUS HD6950 2GB Reference edition FLASHED TO HD6970 HDD: 80GB ATA133 Seagate ,OnBoard: 2xGLAN, 8-Ch. Realtek audio, USB2.0/Firewire, PCIe Physx card PSU: 850W Corsair AX Case: Cooler Master HAF932 + NZXT 5 Fan Controller.

Comment

Wizard, I hardly use this machine for things like that. I usually use it for games (Flight Simulator X), browsing the internet (posting from it now) and as a word processor. The frame rates on Flight Sim seem a bit higher, but for audio and video decoding/encoding, I don't really know as I don't do it very often.
                                          I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Working...
                                          X