No announcement yet.

HP Elitebook 850 G5 Which Chip is for Bios and which for EC ? Pictures existing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP Elitebook 850 G5 Which Chip is for Bios and which for EC ? Pictures existing

Hello Guys,

Here I got a HP Elitebook 850 G5.
    The Bios is locked. But before unsoldering the Chip i need to know, which Chip is what. I got 2 Chips on the Motherboard. One of them is small and the orther is bigger. Which one i need to unsolder for unlock the Bios ?

Can Please someone help me ?

Thank you Guys !
    Attached Files

Re: HP Elitebook 850 G5 Which Chip is for Bios and which for EC ? Pictures existing

the big one 25Q256JV

Comment

Re: HP Elitebook 850 G5 Which Chip is for Bios and which for EC ? Pictures existing

Thank you very much for the fast answering !

Do i just need to unsolder them to unlock the Bios Password ?

Comment

First thank yous for your time and knowledge, It is much appreciated
        I have the same problem with my HP Elitebook 850 g5, I believe I have to take a bios dump from two chip if so are they the same two chips in the photo above

Comment

I currently have the same board with the bios password I don't have. And I am looking for a solution. I have seen that the board has 3 winbond chips and it really makes me doubt which one I have to replace or remove.

Comment

Originally posted by D4B1_ View Post
            I currently have the same board with the bios password I don't have. And I am looking for a solution. I have seen that the board has 3 winbond chips and it really makes me doubt which one I have to replace or remove.
            if the problem is only the Administrator password dump the 16Mb chip only and use RCUnlocker to edit the file and remove the password.
            https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570
            https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103526

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
            Become a Badcaps supporter
            >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
            Thanks to all supporters.​
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Working...
            X