Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TCL 49S515 How to remove lcd panel

Hi,

I have got a TCL 50 inch tv which has some water damage on the diffuser sheets. TV is turning on and could see the water stains on the screen. I'm trying to open the panel however I don't have idea, how to remove LCD panel. Looks like bezel is not removable from 3 sides so only one side can be opened.
    Attached Files

Re: TCL 49S515 How to remove lcd panel

Looks like LDC and back reflective sheets are is glued inside the metal frame. Any one has idea, how to remove it? I see some water stain on the screen, how to get rid of those without removing lcd?

Comment

Usually have small screws and they have to be pried loose because they snap together.
      I can't tell if the plastic is covering the panel or not.
      Last edited by dskall; 12-07-2021, 08:09 PM.
      I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Unfortunately I don't see any screws on the edges or on the frame. I could see double sided black tape inserted on the panel.
        Attached Files

Comment

This video published this morning may help as tcl tear down https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHvysrIbY1U

Comment

What luck. I couldn't find any yesterday.
            I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Originally posted by dskall View Post
              What luck. I couldn't find any yesterday.
              im subbed to his channel so was in todays youtube list.

Comment

It couldn't help much though as its backlight model and the one I have is the edge light model.

Comment

Originally posted by anupkg1985 View Post
                  It couldn't help much though as its backlight model and the one I have is the edge light model.
                  hopefully it will help in regards to disassembling the set to actually get too the edgelit strips

Comment

Like in the video, I'd have a feel around the edges with one of these https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32903760354.html

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
                      Like in the video, I'd have a feel around the edges with one of these https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32903760354.html
                      A lot of larger screen sets im finding there sticking the lcd panel down at various points.

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                        A lot of larger screen sets im finding there sticking the lcd panel down at various points.
                        The panel is loose in the frame otherwise, it makes sense. They aren't assembled with disassembly in mind.

Comment

Just seen the video I was shocked to see him lift the screen up from the horizontal flat surface especially with a large screen. I never do that as it's so likely to stress the screen and damage it by cracking it. I always leave the screen TV vertical and then lift it up around 1cm from the surrounding housing which is then already positioned close by a wall. It is then then left resting against the wall.
                          The only other way on this would be to lift the frame out if the outside bezel isn't removed. Obviously this would be very difficult to achieve without causing any damage to the screen ensuring its not taped or glued inside it!
                          Good luck

Comment

Working...
                          X