X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Identify Cap from Hi-Res Photo

Hi-Res Photo

I'm trying to identify these caps.
    At first glance, I thought solid polymer, but they appear to have vent marks.

I've been through the various sites, and cannot find anything close to a match.
    They are installed on a Crest ProLite 2.0 power amplifier board.

Re: Help Identify Cap from Hi-Res Photo

Based on the grooves on the top of capacitor, they're Panasonic but i can't tell you exactly which series without checking datasheets to match the code (50A. 0W9) .

They're electrolytic, not polymer.

Comment

I was thinking that was the case, because of the vents.
      I didn't pay that much attention when the case was open, only when I examined the macro photos did the vent lines become apparent.

Comment

I think the SV series might be a match.

Thanks for the pointer to Panasonic.
        It took quite a bit of digging to find it.

Comment

Yes, definitely Panasonic, their vents are a unique shape (same as their standard electrolytic vents have been shaped for a long time)

This is Panasonic's special lead-free aluminum electrolytic capacitor (surface mount type) series V-A which is now discontinued and replaced by the V-S series, of which you found the leaded series of, in your search, which you are referring to as SV - so the specs you located are very close, good job!

The A printed on the capacitor is the series code and the period after the A signifies lead-free design. Unfortunately I do not have the V-A series datasheet handy, but once again, it is extremely similar to series V-S

the BIG 4

~~~ the top tier of low-ESR electrolytic capacitors ~~~

Comment

Working...
          X