COMMAND Prompt Win7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COMMAND Prompt Win7

Today I was checking my son's PC and opening CMD window I saw that the backslash character is wrong, instead of

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

it is

C:¥WINDOWS¥system32>

As far as I saw it seems to work properly but I'd like to bring it back to classic backslash symbol.

My son said he didn't changed anything... and I don't know where to look.
    Google didn't bring me any useful info but maybe I'm not able to serch the right word.

Ciao
    Gianni
    "In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins...Not through strength, but through persistence."
    H. J. Brown

Re: COMMAND Prompt Win7

different font / characterset in use?

Comment

http://www.8bitrobot.com/2013/10/04/...for-backslash/

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/o...9b31bf5?auth=1
      Last edited by vinceroger69; 08-27-2016, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Thanks vinceroger69, probably is something like that, my son plays a lot with PC and probably has messed up with something in setting. Now he is sleeping and I can't switch on PC, next days I will check and let you know.

I searched but using only backslash brought me only useless pages... I didn't thought to use also Yen ;-)

Ciao
        Gianni
        "In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins...Not through strength, but through persistence."
        H. J. Brown

Comment

vinceroger69 you were right, my son changed to play a japanese game, setting back to italian language the command prompt is ok now.

Thanks again ;-)
          Gianni
          H. J. Brown

Comment

Your welcome glad the links worked.

Comment

Working...
            X