Question about Notebook*Lenovo*IdeaPad*310*15ABR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Notebook*Lenovo*IdeaPad*310*15ABR

I have bought this notebook because my old one Acer 5100 with AMD Turion 64 was too slow.
    I have choosen this one because I think it is enough for what I do and moreover was sold with 10% discount.

Main features:

WIN10 Home 64Bit
    CPU AMD A10-9600P
    RAM On-board + SO-DIMM (4GB On-Board) 12GB 2133MHz
    Display 15.6" 1366 x 768 pixels LED 16:9
    Graphic card AMD Radeon R5 M430 2GB GDDR3
    HDD 1000GB 5400RPM SATAIII

After some days I was curious and I checked it with CPU-Z and with a big surprise it shows me RAM are working in single channel.
    Is it normal?
    I think yes because 4GB on board can't be identical to 8GB on SO-DIMM.
    Than does it make sense to have 12GB in single channel? Does it affect performances?

Thanks for you answers
    Gianni
    "In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins...Not through strength, but through persistence."
    H. J. Brown

Re: Question about Notebook*Lenovo*IdeaPad*310*15ABR

Look this:
    http://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/13...nnel?showall=1

Comment

Dual channel only works when both of the channels are populated with memory of the same speed and size in the correct slots. In reality it seems that its only certain software/tasks benefit from it.

Comment

Thanks for you answers and link, as far as I understand it is not so important for me.

By the way, after posting here I serched with google and I found a thread on Lenovo forum, there is a guy with same notebook asking the same question.

What I don't understand is why Lenovo reccomend to use "dual channel capable" RAM if they can't work in dual channel (see attachment).

Have a nice day
        Gianni
        Attached Files
        "In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins...Not through strength, but through persistence."
        H. J. Brown

Comment

Working...
        X