Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PB easynote mh36 wifi adaptor disconnects & touchpad faulty

Hi all,
    1. This laptop connects briefly with wifi but after about 1 minute disconnects and will not find networks. Updated driver but still issue the same.
    2. Also the touchpad physical click buttons are not working,tried update drivers, could it be on the board and where to test?
    Thanks

Re: PB easynote mh36 wifi adaptor disconnects & touchpad faulty

the buttons - sounds like a loose or damaged cable.
    did you get it like that?

Comment

Hi yes,it was been used with an external mouse. The mouse pad works but not the buttons. His it not 1 cable for mouse pad and buttons?

Comment

very few are,
        normally the mousepad has a microcontroller on it that talks USB or PS2 to the motherboard,
        and either a seperate connector for the motherboard and button-pcb, or more usually a shared connector

Comment

Buttons are separate and soldered to the main motherboard

Comment

then check the cable for damage between the board and pad

Comment

It's made in a way that 2 plastic buttons press directly to the board,no cable

Comment

i mean between the motherboard and touchpad - the chip that reads the buttons is under the touchpad

Comment

Hi I am a bit confused now? the physical buttons are just plastic and press straight to the physical buttons on the motherboard don't think there is a chip where you said.
                  The touchpad works fine as a mouse apart from I cannot right click it's all left,it's the physical buttons below it that do not work at all.

This laptop is running vista if it makes a difference and WiFi connects once then it says no adaptor found/ no networks available.

Thanks

Comment

i'm saying the buttons are linked to the touchpad chip - if the cable isnt in straight or all the way it may not see the buttons

wifi - try a Linux livedisk and see if it works - that will tell you if it's software or hardware.
                    infact try that first

Comment

Have you tested the switch works using a multimeter ?

Comment

Hi will check out linux livedisk.
                        Not tested with multimeter, are you referring to wifi switch or touchpad buttons,and at what point do I test and volts or ohms?
                        Thanks
                        Last edited by Motherfinboard; 06-17-2020, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Touchpad button, ohms or continuity setting, test across the legs of the switch when you press it.

Comment

btw, is it the original wifi card?

Comment

Just about to use a Linux liveusb,once it boots do I just see if WiFi will work or does it scan the system and throw up any errors ?
                              Unsure if original WiFi card fitted.

Thanks again.

Comment

I have WiFi working on Linux lite,but it drops after a few minutes,until I switch off the physical WiFi button and turn back on it connects. In Windows it drops after few seconds and will not come on back on until I reboot the system,and sometimes only getting local connection only,no internet.

Touchpad physical buttons still not working in Linux.

Thanks again

Comment

well wifi card could be worn-out - it happens

buttons - your gonna have to go into the machine and examine the switches and connecting cables

Comment

It sounds like your wifi adapter is dying. I had the same thing happen in my Acer E5-571. It was a b/g/n/bluetooth card, Realtek iirc. This laptop is one of the last Acer's made with win7 during the switchover to WinHate. I uninstalled all old drivers, popped in an Intel ac7260 adapter with bluetooth and had zero issues since.

I use the Acer as my primary laptop and automotive diagnostics with an OBDLink MX bluetooth adapter. It always connects to this Intel card. I had 25% success with the original card.
                                    Stupidity should be a crime, especially for drivers. I have NO patience for them.

Comment

wifi chips get hot,
                                      if you use them a lot they burn out.

routers and pci-cards have big heatsinks, but usb and mini-cards dont.
                                      i have kiiled atleast 5 usb wifi sticks in the past.

Comment

Will try another WiFi card,and test the button pins on the board. Vista is causing issues as every website tell me the certificate is not safe and pages not loading probably in I.E. Chrome is a bit better but still getting issues with websites here too.
                                        May re-download vista or Windows 7 and see then .
                                        Thankyou

Comment

Working...
                                        X