Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer TravelMate P273-m bios

Hi,

I've somehow bricked the laptop by flashing from 2.03 to 2.11. All went smooth but after reboot it's not working anymore.

fn + esc to force recovery from usb does not work.

I took the motherboard out and want to flash the chip with ch341a programmer and a clip.

The chip is Windbond 25Q16CVSIG = 16 megabit = 2 MB. The Acer bios that are downloadable .FD are 4MB or bigger??

So I need a Dump from a 2 MB bios file, preferably 2.03 (model name BA70_HC).

The full name is Acer Travelmate P273-M-32344G32Mnks with mainboard VA70/VG70 REV 2.1

Really hope someone can extract the right size BIOS from the downloadable bios or someone has a dump of a machine which has the right bios.

Will be grateful for the help.
    Last edited by fyzeler; 08-12-2020, 08:57 AM.

Re: Acer TravelMate P273-m bios

Originally posted by fyzeler View Post
    Hi,

I've somehow bricked the laptop by flashing from 2.03 to 2.11. All went smooth but after reboot it's not working anymore.

fn + esc to force recovery from usb does not work.

I took the motherboard out and want to flash the chip with ch341a programmer and a clip.

The chip is Windbond 25Q16CVSIG = 16 megabit = 2 MB. The Acer bios that are downloadable .FD are 4MB or bigger??

So I need a Dump from a 2 MB bios file, preferably 2.03 (model name BA70_HC).

The full name is Acer Travelmate P273-M-32344G32Mnks with mainboard VA70/VG70 REV 2.1

Really hope someone can extract the right size BIOS from the downloadable bios or someone has a dump of a machine which has the right bios.

Will be grateful for the help.
    post the original bios here
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

I have the original 2.03 that I downloaded. It's not a dump from the laptop, this is a .FD file which is for the rescue usb.

In the download there is also the same file which is .rom and a .me file

But I will post the .fd file, if you need more let me know.
      Attached Files

Comment

Here is the dump I make just now with the clip on the bios chip. This is the failing bios..

I do not know which it is now, it should be the 2.11, but not sure.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hope somebody can help, 2.03 version is preferable because on that version the laptop worked. But I can also try a later version, as long the laptop will run, thats the most important thing.

Maybe someone can also see what is wrong with the dumped bios, did flashing go wrong or something else. Im curious about that. I have no clue how to see that.

Comment

Better is to desoldered the bios and not use a clip .
            What's your serial number !

Comment

I'm not sure which one is the serial number.

Not using a clip, because the dumped bios makes no sense? Maybe the flashing went wrong and it's like that to begin with when I went from 2.03 to 2.11

Comment

here is a picture of the numbers.
                Attached Files

Comment

here is a picture of the numbers.
                  have you tried this ???

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43952
                  Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

Have not tried, compatible?? Also in the zip there, the one that is 2mb says hub.bin and the 4 mb one says KBC. What does it mean?

My chip can hold only 16mbit = 2MB. The only one I could flash is the Old v3-771g_HUB.bin

You think I should flash that one and see ?

Comment

Have not tried, compatible?? Also in the zip there, the one that is 2mb says hub.bin and the 4 mb one says KBC. What does it mean?

My chip can hold only 16mbit = 2MB. The only one I could flash is the Old v3-771g_HUB.bin

You think I should flash that one and see ?
                      Do you have two bios chips on the motherboard? ... one with a 4mb bios and one with a 2mb ... check if you have two bios chips ...

Comment

Oh wow, you are right. There is another chip on the backside of the motherboard!!

Im so noob.

The one on the backside says. 25Q32BVSIG.

This mean this one is 32mbit, this means I can flash the 4mb rom?? I mean even the official one in the 2.03 of my laptop.

Can you explain what the other chip is that is 2mb? Is that KBC mean for start computer and LED lights etc? I shouldn't flash that one correct?

Because my laptop still can start and have led on, also fan is running. Just screen black no boot.

Comment

make copies of both chips and post .... be careful not to confuse them ..

Comment

It seems I get different HEX outcome everytime i read that chip, what does this mean.

When I read the 2MB chip, the result is always the same. So my clip is no problem. When I read the 32mbit chip that i just found, 25Q32BVSIG it gives me a different HEX outcome all the time.

Does this mean this chip fail, the clip cannot connect proper or the chip maybe needs the motherboard to have power from power supply?

I used CH341A programmer 1.34 and ASprogrammer, everytime i read out the chip it gives different hex result. I Don't get it.
                            Last edited by fyzeler; 08-13-2020, 08:24 AM.

Comment

I've tried now with power supply on the mainboard, still same problem. What else could it be.

Comment

As peste said : make copies of both chips and post .... be careful not to confuse them ..

You find your serial number on back of your lap .
                                Attached Files

Comment

Yes but I have problem reading the 4 MB bios chip from the motherboard. It give a different dump everytime i make a dump / read.

The 2 MB chip is always the same dump, the 4 MB bios chip 25Q32BVSIG gives a different dump every read.

This cannot then be trusted, the dump is no good. I have no idea how to fix it. As I said above I already tried with power supply, no change.

The dump file is different still everytime I do a dump / read and is gibberish. Any idea?

With the Ch341a programmer by detect I get also no brand, it supposed to be Winbond, does not give a brand. Every time auto detect it sometimes said cannot find chip and sometimes can read something.

What is the problem, don't get it. It work fine with the 2MB bios.
                                  Last edited by fyzeler; 08-13-2020, 09:39 AM.

Comment

give your serial number to try to give you another bios dump....for sure you must use another bios chip

Comment

S/n: NXV87EH008307025AD7200
                                      snid: 30700964572

You think the bios chip is no good anymore?
                                      Last edited by fyzeler; 08-13-2020, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Post 2 of the corrupt 4MB bios backups,your DMI info might be readable to copy to a clean bios.
                                        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Working...
                                        X