Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SurfTab Twin 11.6

Hello to everybody!
    I have bought a cheap 11.6 tablet(SurfTab twin wifi) made by firma TREKStore gmbh Germany,with windows 10 from ebay.But booting it asking a pswd.So I cannot use the thing.I have a CH341A programmer and I thought I can reflash clean bios but cannot find any update for this model.The spi chip is Winbond W25Q64FW,I de-soldered it and read data with the programmer.Can someone help me to clean the pswd from bios?

Thank you all!
    Attached Files

Re: SurfTab Twin 11.6

Your backup is incomplete. Use AsProgrammer software instead,you`ll find it in the forum. The W25Q64FW is 1.8V
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 08-15-2020, 06:00 AM.
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Hello!
      Thank you for your answer!
      I will try with as.The software version used is ch341a programmer 1.30 and is saying after reading "Chip Main Memory and buffer same!" as can be seen in picture.Does looks ok or? And yes you´re right,it´s 1.8v chip;before testing I´ve read the datasheet and chip is attached via 1.8v adapter.I will be back soon with the result from asprogrammer.
      Thanks once again!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by d_ne0; 08-15-2020, 09:37 AM.

Comment

You were right.The size of the dump with asprg 1.41 is 8mb!Here is the dump.Please take a look when you have time.
        All the best!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by d_ne0; 08-15-2020, 11:03 AM.

Comment

The password is ADMIN123
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Thanks a lot my friend.Question:Can be the bin file modified in order to delete password and be rewritten on the chip?

Comment

It sure can .
              Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for your help and time to look into this.Unfortunately no success after rewriting cleaned bin.Same screen.Maybe I did something wrong?I removed protection,erased chip,opened cleaned bin then rewrite it.
                Strange is that I have not found a way to type the password,while the tab has some sort of keyboard that doesn't work and attaching a keyboard via usb doesn't work either.I have thought if no password required will directly boot into windows.At this point I have no clue how to sort this...Maybe some other people from the forum can come with some ideas?I suspect some settings in BIOS were deactivated...
                Start over again,rewrite one more time?
                Attached Files
                Last edited by d_ne0; 08-15-2020, 04:21 PM.

Comment

ok ,next try ... ,see if USB support is ok now .
                  Attached Files

Comment

No luck.With latest its not starting anymore.Its 2 am here,I will try again after few hours of sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by d_ne0 View Post
                      No luck.With latest its not starting anymore.Its 2 am here,I will try again after few hours of sleep.
                      try... nvram reset , file from SMDflea #7
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello!Thank you very much guys,really appreciate looking into this,for helping me,wasting a part of your time doing this!!!
                        Right now I am writing last mod into chip and will try again.The patient is in surgeon room... its a real mess I know...
                        Attached Files

Comment

The taste of victory is sweeeeeeet!!!
                          With the last mod tablet is starting!!! you rock guys!

Thank you!
                          I take my hat off !!!Really appreciate your time and effort for helping me!
                          Attached Files

Comment

hello, we have a tablet with SurfTab 11.6 bios password unknown. you solved the problem. I think you managed to reset the winbond chip. Can you share the solution or the file of the chip (.bin) you reset.
                            Last edited by SMDFlea; 08-19-2020, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mvatan View Post
                              hello, we have a tablet with SurfTab 11.6 bios password unknown. you solved the problem. I think you managed to reset the winbond chip. Can you share the solution or the file of the chip (.bin) you reset.
                              the solution is at post # 11
                              Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Yes,the last .bin written to the chip is from post 11 and was modified thanks to SMDFlea &rioreno;there´s no easy reset process(short a pin to ground solution),it's a de-solder-reflash-resolder back process using CH341A programmer with a 1.8v adapter!!!(or other programmer);Software Asprogrammer.Good luck!

Comment

hello everyone! My surftab twin 11.6 BIOS is set incorrectly, and the screen is black. I used ch341a to back up. Can you reset it for me

Comment

Backup files
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rioreno View Post
                                      try... nvram reset , file from SMDflea #7
                                      Hello, can you reset my BIOS for me? I tried to write the BIOS of 11, but the camera didn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                                        Your backup is incomplete. Use AsProgrammer software instead,you`ll find it in the forum. The W25Q64FW is 1.8V
                                        Hello, can you reset my BIOS for me? I tried to write the BIOS of 11, but the camera didn't work.

Comment

Working...
                                        X